Figure out the best way to get from Central to South America, when you should book your accommodations for Carnaval and local language school recommendations. If it's on South America, it's in this forum.

2 weeks in Argentina - Help!!!

SerenaLMS

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: argentina, itinerary, mendoza, uruguay, iguazu
  • Added on: August 21st, 2008
My boyfriend and I are planning a trip in the beginning of March to Argentina for about 2 weeks. I realize that two weeks is not that long, but unfortunately that is all we can manage right now. We will be in the country about 14 days.

We will be flying into BA and spending a few days there, and then we are hoping to be able to go to Mendoza, Iguazu, and Uruguay (Colonia). Is this realistic? I do not want this to be a trip where all we are doing is moving from one city to the next, but my boyfriend has convinced himself that this is possible and that we have more than enough time. As someone who has spent months backpacking in Asia, I know that 2 weeks is not very long, and there is only so much you can do. If this is totally unrealistic, any recommendations on how/where we should spend our time would be greatly appreciated. I really really want to go to Mendoza and he really really wants to go to Uruguay, and from what I hear, Iguazu is a must.

Also, since flights seem to be very expensive, what is the best itinerary? Is there a way to get from Mendoza to Iguazu without having to go back to BA? In this short of a time, is it unrealistic to take overnight buses?

Obviously, I just want to make the most out of this short trip and not feel like all I did was rush around from one place to the next, but there are just so many places to go!

Any tips, thoughts, recommendations, anything at all would be very very appreciated!

Samanthia

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 27th, 2008
You can do it in two weeks, but you´ll be exhausted by the time you finish. That being said, it´s probably worth it. BsAs is seen enough in 4 days, depending on how much you like cities. Iguazu can easily be 2 days. Take an overnight bus from BsAs, much cheaper than a flight and you save on a night´s accomadation. A bus coche-cama is a must. You can probably take a bus from Iguazu to a more central city and get another bus to Mendoza, it´s not necessary to return to BsAs.

I would however reccomend Salta and/or Jujuy over Mendoza. Salta and Jujuy are absolutely gorgeous, you can find fantastic wine in Cafayate, and the people are amazing.

Colonia in the end for 1 or 2 days is a great way to relax and get a break.

Enjoy!

Return to South America Travel