Ask SouthAfricaLogue.com and other SA fans about all the hidden secrets of Cape Town, Jo'burg, shark diving, safaris and many more highlights of South Africa.

dopeyzn

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: June 19th, 2008
we've just gone past the two-years-til-kick-off-mark and excitement is building here in SA! All the stadiums are coming along at a rate of knots.. the one here in Durban has a total of 13 high rise cranes working 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day... very impressive!

Anyhoo, it would be great to get a group a booties together to make the trip down here!!!

Smile

Eppyboy

Sells Travel by the Gram

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 19th, 2008
dopeyzn i will be in SA in a few weeks...spending a few days in ctown then the end of my trip in joburg...dont think i'll be passing through durbs though...when is the latest you feel someone would be able to get accommodation in SA and a flight for 2010 from the USA? I might have a good connection to tickets to follow the USA throughout, but we are concerned about getting a flight (even though I dont think many americans will be going anyway), and most importantly accommodation. we are thinking about trying to use couch surfing but feel that so many others will be also?

PM me if you can with a response, unless you feel it will benefit the boards as well.

thanks
Josh has taken his much needed vacation and will be going on another Christmas to New Years 2011/2012. However, before he does read about his past trips http://blogs.bootsnall.com/eppyboy

Bea Scott

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 12th, 2008
I'm planning it out too! With this much time, hopefully I make it happen!

Madaniel

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 4th, 2008
We need an official thread for this subject. I am planning to start my RTW trip the beginning of 2010 and South Africa is a definite stop for this very reason. It would be great to, as time nears, find out more people, information, etc., who are interested in perhaps even meeting up while there. I know it will be crazy to get tickets, accommodations, and even simply getting there, but this is something that would be worth it, so we should all combine all our resources and make it happen for those interested. Still plenty of time, but if I am not correct tickets will be going on sale sometime in 2009 so keep those eyes open.

tc_seb

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 19th, 2008
TravelComments.com - Southern African online travel guide, tours, flights & more!

greenmushroom

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 19th, 2009
tickets go on sale tomorrow.

here's more details from reuters: http://uk.reuters.com/article/sportsNew ... 18?sp=true

Ian Rose

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 20th, 2009
The countdown is on. Ticket signup has started, and I'll be there for sure. Should be a great tournament, and let's hope the stadiums are ready with plenty of spare time to run some crowd drills and be ready. 475 days to kickoff (if I remember the FIFA countdown from this morning right).

tc_seb

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 24th, 2009
also check http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost. ... ostcount=1 for some stadium webcams... in case some of you are interested ;-)

seb
TravelComments.com - Southern African online travel guide, tours, flights & more!

greenmushroom

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 7th, 2009
anyone successfully bought tickets yet?

wandergurl

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 22nd, 2009
I have follow your team tickets for Spain and will be going to four matches.
I plan to go around and do a few things after/between, once I figure out where the matches are!

greenmushroom

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 26th, 2009
Hey Wandergurl! I just successfully got tickets for the WC. I got 6 tickets following the Dutch team :D

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 27th, 2009
I managed to get two tickets to group games in Cape Town (still no idea who will be playing, of course) and a ticket to the WC final!!!! Pretty excited. :banana:

:woot:
:dancer:

Dirtybootz

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 14th, 2009
A little bit late to this thread, but got two tickets to the June 14th E1/E2 match in Jo'burg. Would love to go to the final, but funds are limited :( Purchasing was easy enough. At this point, I'm just so stoked to get there that I really don't care who the teams are (Unless it's Ghana...I can't stand Ghana...j/k)

Thinking about getting a camper type vehicle and going from Cape Town to Durban to Johannesburg. That should at least cut down on some of the costs of finding accommodations during the price gouging period.
_____

I do not deny my hedonistic tendencies. I revel in them.

dopeyzn

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 7th, 2009
No immigration checks for 2010

An interesting bit of news i found today... should make for a more efficient system, if it works properly :)

dopeyzn

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 7th, 2009
The Official Durban 2010 website

This website is still currently underconstruction but still in working order (it that makes sense)... it has raised many eyebrows because it has cost the city R6,5 million (just under $1 million) to develop but a pretty cool website filled with info about 2010 in Durban, including the construction of the Moses Mabhida Stadium! It has 3 languages (English, Spanish and Zulu) available at the moment but there are more to come... check it out!

Previous

Return to South Africa Travel