Figure out the best place to stay on Khao San Road in Bangkok and where to escape when you've had enough of the mayhem. From Singapore Slings to the changes in Bejing after the 2008 Olympics, gab about it all here.

3-4 weeks in asia

kuglof23

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: cambodia, thailand, hong kong
  • Added on: November 13th, 2012
Hi all! I am 26 and travelled extensively in college but have really put international travel (aside from business) on the backburner the past few years and really want to get back into it. I am currently trying to put together a trip to Asia for February/March. I am very flexible with both time and money, but am thinking about 3 weeks or so. I am wanting to go to Thailand (it will be the height of frigid winter here in Chicago so the beaches are appealing!) and am trying to figure out the best combination of places. Cambodia and Hong Kong are also high on my list. Right now I am trying to decide if I should just take my time in Thailand and do beaches + Chiang Mai or just go to Angkor Wat for the history/cultural piece and focus on beach in Thailand. I am not very interested in spending much if any time in Bangkok. I am considering flying into and/or out of Hong Kong as well, as I have always wanted to go there and don't know when I would be back on that side of the world, and it is only about $100 more to do rt flights from Chicago to Hong Kong and Hong Kong to Thailand as it is to just fly to Thailand. Is this crazy? I am really liking the mix of the beach + history + modern city but don't know if this is too ambitious.

I would be traveling solo and looking for places that would be accessible as a solo woman, though my sense is all these are good options from both safety and meeting people perspective.

Any suggestions based on the above, or any ideal itineraries you may have or other places I should consider would be appreciated! I loved this forum when I was in college and appreciate your time!

Return to Asia Travel