Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

3 weeks in Central Europe - Itinerary help

nfdanforth

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: December 30th, 2013
My wife and I are taking a 3 week trip this coming March. I've done extensive travel overseas (not much in Europe) but she hasn't traveled much at all.

We're flying into Paris and out of Budapest. Planning to spend at least a couple days in each of those cities. In between, I know I'd like to go to Prague and possibly Cesky Krumlov. We've also talked about Vienna and possibly a day or two in Salzburg.

Planning on staying in hostels and Couchsurfing for most of the trip. We both love to walk and hike and are especially interested in free or cheap sightseeing & attractions.

Could you guys help me piece together a rough itinerary and recommend your favorite places to see and cities to experience?

Thanks!

bstrom42

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 14th, 2014
Both Prague and Vienna are really nice cities, Paris and Budapest too for that matter. So in my opinion you already have four strong destinations along your trip. I've heard Bratislava is really cool as well. I haven't been there myself so I can't really tell, but maybe you can look it up. Good luck and have a great trip!

Ddrezner

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 23rd, 2014
Your plan is a sound one. Good luck!

You might want to spend 5 days in Paris, however.
Tortuga traveller

lauracatherine

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 27th, 2014
You can easily spend five days in Budapest as well!
"i'm on my way, don't know where i'm goin..."~Paul Simon, Me and Julio

Return to Europe Travel