This is our archive of other ways to travel that perhaps aren't as active as our other forums.

A little fundraising? Ec tourism in Central Asia?

sonch

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

Tags: Fundraising, central asia, ecotourism, Sustainable Tourism, ESTC12
  • Added on: August 14th, 2012
Hi all,

I hope this forum is an acceptable place to post this. I am a recent graduate who spent 4.5 months doing a survey of sustainable tourism projects in Central Asia.

For around a year now I have been trying to find a way to bring awareness of these projects to meaningful industry in North America to help increase capacity were needed. I have been asked to give a small presentation on my research at a big ecotourism conference in California. My Campaign has been running on Indiegogo to try to raise the $2000 I will need without any luck.

I sold most of my collections and worked really hard in order to raise the money to travel in Central Asia in order to do this research and not being able to talk about it in a meaningful environment would be a shame.

I ask your assistance as people who all understand why travel and cross cultural awareness is important to donate if you can. But, please at least like and share the campaign maybe a little more awareness might help me raise the funds that I need.

Thank you for your help and consideration.

Thanks!
Lost in life

i_d_

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 6th, 2012
So, what did you find out about sustainable tourism projects in Central Asia?
Would you post some of your findings?

Return to Other Ways to Go