Are you in need of a time-waster and you're sick of Sudoku? Check out this collection of travel-related games.

A Very Cool Travel Personality Quiz

RichG

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: travel, personality, quiz, deals, vacations
  • Added on: March 26th, 2008
I just found the coolest "Travel Personality Quiz" and thought that I would pass it along. It takes about 2 minutes to fill out, and then it gives you all of this information on what "type" of traveler you are.

Also, they list all the destinations and kinds of vacations that would be perfect for your personality type. Its free and all they asked me for was my zipcode and email address.

Click here to take the quiz!

Manchu

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

I like the quiz. I must be some kind of anomaly though because I answered all the questions but the description didn't match me too well.

Pirri

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

Well I'm a mid-venturer

I agree with some of the things it said
quote:
Travel providers absolutely love you because you are central in making new destinations popular...
Bow

But they seem to think I don't apprecate living it ruff which I disagree with (I wouldn't have become an archaeologist if I didn't like a bit of dirt).

So yeah so so, maybe there was an inherent bias in his data set.

How did other people go?

Haci Richard

Jackson's Dad

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 27th, 2008
I'm a mid-venturer as well -- they say I should go to Portland, among other places.

Cristina Puscas

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 28th, 2008
LOL I should go to Portland as wellSmile)and Hungary (yey, been there already!)
~~Traveller Consultant for Indie at Bootsnall~~
[url]indie.bootsnall.com[/url]

~"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Confucius

Joepro

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 29th, 2008
I'm a mid-venturer as well but every part of that description fits me exactly. I could seriously copy and paste that description into my profile.
----------
"Friends, Family, Religion... These are the three demons you must slay in order to succeed in business" C.M. Burns

Bush Trekker

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 5th, 2008
I'm a venturer. But the descrition was only about 80% accurate.

MissMiranda

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 5th, 2008
Mid-Venturer as well.

I would say it is about 75% accurate for myself...

Going to Italy and Spain as my top countries? For sure!

Owning my own fitness gym? Not so much Smile

Bea Scott

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 16th, 2008
Hmm, the results didn't reflect on me very well...at least, that's what I think.

HooleyHoop

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 24th, 2008
Hmmmm mid-authentic.

Got to say I completely disagree with it and the description that is given. Oh well, surveys dont always work for everyone Big Grin

quartierlointain

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 14th, 2008
funny
accurate 50 per cent maybe
i feel bothe venturous and authentic at the same time

Craze_b0i

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 20th, 2008
I got Centric authentic. But reading it I don't fit the template at all, not a single word of it. I have a lot of complicating factors that affect my life, and thereby the answers I picked, and so for me the quiz was too simplistic.

"The characteristics just described also determine your travel interests. As mentioned, you will fly on some trips, but usually this is only when you are going to a family reunion or taking the kids to Disney World or some place similar when time is short and where you want to go is not close by. Generally you’d rather drive because you enjoy getting behind the wheel and don’t mind spending extra hours on the road because it provides a sense of relaxation, rather than the hurried schedules that seem to accompany air trips. If you have a camper or trailer, you’ll use it a lot. You may like fishing or just being outdoors in a beautiful setting, which are both possible when you drive yourself. Taking the kids to places where they can get out and run without someone showing their displeasure at their exuberance is another reason to have a camper because other people you meet have similar interests. If you choose a more typical destination for a trip, it doesn’t bother you if there seems to be a lot of people around. They are just like you—having fun with a spouse or the family and just enjoying the moment. Beach areas and other places that have good weather hold great interest to you. And you especially want them to have acceptable motels if you didn’t come in your camper. Family restaurants, movie houses and video arcades for the kids add to the attractiveness of a destination for you. You’d like good shopping to be available also so that you can bring back some reminders of where you’ve been—hats or shirts with the name of the destination or resort that you visited."

Actually I don't even have a car, long roadtrips are my idea of hell, and I certainly don't have a bloody camper van. I don't have any kids, I've never taken my non-existent kids to Disneyland, I get bored on beaches and I hate shopping for souvenirs.

And on the destination page they recommended I go to Cancun for goodness sake.
Roll Eyes
"Let's see if we can enjoy this recession. i enjoyed most of the previous ones."
- Zoomcharlieb.

my travel website

jv

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 20th, 2008
Mid-venturer, and the description is not even close ...

Anne-Sophie

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 21st, 2008
Venturer here - and fairly accurate. I should go to Ontario and Nova Scotia (hm... was there only 2 weeks ago); as well as France, Switzerland, Germany and Austria (were there a few months back) and NORWAY! (Well, I live there).

Portland is apparently the city for me as well! Must be an exciting city (although are we talking about Portland, Maine or Portland, Oregon? Confused)

pcardenas

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 6th, 2008
booo I got mid-venturer... Frown

Next

Return to Travel Games