A place for geezers, grey hairs, and oldies to discuss independent travel. Reminisce about travel in the days before Lonely Planet and discuss issues applicable to the mature traveller.

A Way to Make the Young'uns Jealous

Skyehiker

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: April 12th, 2008
quote:
Originally posted by Whistler:
I am not old. I am chronologically gifted.

I LOVE THAT!!!! Rock Out

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page. ---St. Augustine

go girl

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 25th, 2009
Yes I'll go with that too (chronologically gifted), and I will also be 50 in a few months. And divorced. Your stories are putting heart into me, as I was wondering if I'd still be able to travel. My favorite story was about my great grandmother--she hardly ever got to go anywhere and she was getting quite decrepit in her mid 80's, but someone took her to New Orleans and she took off at a trot and outran them all. I loved it. Grandma loved to travel--she lived 6 months in Idaho and 6 months in Missouri and the traveling was the best part for her. My mom has been all over, and my family and I went on a RTW trip last year. My girls will definitely be continuing the tradition. Whistler, I loved your story about the brothel--you're more interesting when you're outrageous. So kudos to the outrageous oldsters (except you're not really old!) and the fabulous 50's! Hey, where can I get that furniture thingie--I'll need it now that I have to support myself. :D
"Those who dance are considered insane
by those who can't hear the music."
George Carlin

Previous

Return to Still Going...