Advice For Vegetarian
The religious excuse also works well when people want to know why you don't eat meat. Ethical reasons can lead to arguments, offend people, etc.
BTW, I'm not Buddhist, just a non-practicing Muslim-Catholic.
"Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either."
1) You can always cook for yourself if you're staying in a hostel with a kitchen.
2) Check out www.happycow.net for vegetarian and vegetarian friendly restaurants throughout the world.
3) Most decent guidebooks include a section on local cuisine, including recommendations for vegetarians. And the city sections of the guidebooks will often have a listing for a vegetarian restaurant or two.
4) Pizza and ice cream! I eat lots of pizza and ice cream when I'm traveling. Both foods tend to be available in most decent sized cities.
5) Most restaurants will be happy to specially cook you something vegetarian if they don't have something on their menu. Or if you're at a "fixed menu" place just ask for extras of the vegetarian dishes and none of the meat.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest