Offers insights on how to find an accessible room and suggest air travel tips for wheelers and slow walkers. Dish info on the best airline bathrooms and the hassle-free ways to deal with airport security.

Airplane seats for traveler with stiff leg

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: June 29th, 2008
Surgery has left me with a stiff right leg. I can bend it about 30 degrees. And i'm tall, 6 feet. I ned to fly from Newark NJ to Bangod ME on a Continental regional jet, Embraer RJ145. Continental tells me the best option is a bulkhead seat, and that this will be fine. I am very skeptical. Can anyone share experiences? Is this realistic? Any other options? I'd be grateful for any advice.

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

No I've been in those seats, they are worse then any other seat on that plane. Technically there is a little more knee room then a regular seat but you can't extend your leg under the seat in front of you so you really have to bend your knee more. You want the exit row or if not that an aisle seat on the left side of the plane so you can stick your leg into the aisle.
"Friends, Family, Religion... These are the three demons you must slay in order to succeed in business" C.M. Burns

Share on Orkut

Seatguru is your friend.

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 29th, 2008
Second the recco' for Def. a great site for seat selection.

I'm 6'6", and the exit row on an RJ is def. do-able for me.

If you know you travel a lot, check into becoming at least a nominal tier on Continental's frequent flyer program, as usually people above "base" level in an airline's FF program have a MUCH better selection of the better seats, incl. aisles, exit rows, farther forward in the aircraft, etc.

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page. ---St. Augustine

Return to Travel with Disabilities