Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

Andalucía in the Spring

agrych

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: Córdoba, spain, Andalucía, Cádiz
  • Added on: September 5th, 2014
Hey everyone;

I am planning to study abroad in Córdoba from January - June, and although my university usually plans these trips relatively well, there are still some holes in the planning process. Does anyone know anything about ETEA (Loyola Andalucía) and if there will be a sizable erasmus population there come spring semester? In terms of class difficulty, recognition, etc. My Spanish is at a C1 level.

My other questions are general in nature, mostly about Córdoba. I am looking to stay active while abroad, and was wondering if there were any good half-day hiking trails in the area, reachable cheaply (under 10 euros 1 way with normal hours) accessible via the bus, as I do not know how to drive a stick shift. I've heard of the Vía Verdes, but don't know of much else. Preferably of easy-medium difficulty on terrain. Also, I'm interested in kayaking the Guadalquivir, biking, and perhaps running a 5K or so there, but have no ideas on what else to do or how to do them. I'm planning to buy gear at Decathlon, so not bringing any over from the US.

In Córdoba province, I'm also looking at day trips, and Iznájar, Almodovar del Río, Montilla, Zuheros, Cabra, and Belmez all seemed interesting. I'm into history and experiencing the gastronomic flavors of the region. I love seeing cobblestone streets, old buildings, and being transported back in time. Are there any other day trips in the Province (or surrounding provinces, I wrote El Puerto, Jerez, Cádiz, and Huelva as a few)? I would like to do a wine tasting and sample local cuisine inexpensively. Taking a hike to see a village is not a problem. I will have weekends to explore. Castles and lookouts are also bonuses.

TraveloSaurus

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 24th, 2014
I see no-one has replied to your thread.

I think it's a great idea to visit warm Andalucia in spring. Weather must be milder warm and prices will be lower than during the summer.

Go for it!

I don't know about "erasmus population", but you seem to know the place pretty well to put together an itinerary.

Personally, I'd go for a personal trip (one I'd put together by myself), because tour operators might tax you in excess.

Rota, Cadiz, El Torcal (rocky area near Antequera) and the town of Antequera would be on my destinations list.

Return to Europe Travel