Life and times of the Caribbean/West Indies. Shake your sarong, drink some coconut juice and figure out the best way to hop from one isle to the next.

Antigua in late October

Hideo

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: June 7th, 2011
I'm potentially booking a trip to Antigua for my honeymoon which would be for the last week in October, going on the 22nd. From people's experience is that late enough in October to avoid the hurricane season, or is Antigua far enough south to escape the effects at that time?

All the climate information I can find seems to say that September and October are the most likely to get some downpours or storms, while November is ok. So I would hope that late October is well on the way to being good weather usually? A few rain storms wouldn't bother me in the slightest, but every day would be a bit of a drag to say the least.

I've previously been in Barbados in late August, supposedly the rainy time there, and it only rained once or twice, and only for a short time on each occasion which would be just fine.

Anyone have first hand experience to help me in my decision?
The Never Ending Tour - short tales from my travels http://www.theneverendingtour.blogspot.com/

My Japan World Cup Blog http://japan.worldcupblog.org/

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step."

Return to Caribbean/West Indies Travel