Traveling with 35mm cameras, digital cameras, camcorders, film, memory cards 'n All. BootsnAll members are welcome to post their travel photo albums, documented meetings with other members and brag-shots here.

Anybody here used Flip video?

static

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

Tags: video, flip video, flip, camcorder
  • Added on: April 21st, 2008
This intrigues me. Starts at $99, which I can handle.

(Whether or not there is any need at all for shooting video on the road is another matter entirely.)

BostonBill

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 24th, 2008
quote:
Originally posted by static:
This intrigues me. Starts at $99, which I can handle.

(Whether or not there is any need at all for shooting video on the road is another matter entirely.)

but it is a gadget. For a guy that is all that needs to be known. Did I tell you I bought a digital compass that has a clock as well as a built in temp gauge in either Fahrenheit or Centigrade and can be adjusted to correct declination if you know your coordinates? If I can figure out how to work it.
When did "need" ever come into it?

Paul79UF

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 15th, 2008
That seems pretty cool.

Although most of the compact digital cameras take really great video clips.

I have two mini-dv cameras but they're just gathering dust while I shoot plenty of videos with my SD700 or S5.

But I guess you can't beat the price of the flip.

skobb

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 1st, 2008
We have a Flip video.

We don't use it as much as I thought we would, but it is kind of fun. Although the reviews on Amazon don't agree, I don't find the video quality to be that high. Perhaps the problem is either with my camera or my computer settings.

elAdi

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 10th, 2008
Bought mine yesterday on eBay. Actually decided for an Ultra (2nd Gen) over a Mino (3rd Gen), as apparently video and sound quality is better.

I reckon, the question is what are you going to use it for. My camera (Canon G9) makes great videos - probably better quality than the Flip will. But the Flip's advantage, in my opinion, is that it can be handled quite easily with one hand. We'll use it to film while cycling - which is nothing I'd do with a digital cam, as I would either drop the camera or kill my self in the process.
Also seems like something good to have with you on drunken nights at your friend's place. Any drunken idiot can handle the Flip.

Abzv
My personal travel website
Cycling from Indonesia to India (09-11) Fabebook Page
----------------------------------------------
"Nationalism is an infantile disease, the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

Return to Travel Photography, Video and Photo Albums