Dust off a forgotten foreign tongue, debate the best ways to learn another language, pick up some slang in the local lingo, discuss regional dialects. The subforums are archives of older resource threads.

Anyone else learning/know/interested in HUNGARIAN?

KnottyNikki

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: June 5th, 2010
Magyar for the win!

I've just started seriously studying it as I'm moving to Hungary this fall and also I think it's an awesome language. on beszel magyarul?

Right now I'm doing flashcards, pimsleur, and random grammar study online when I get time. I work seven days a week, so time is hard to find, but I do it.

What other effective ways do you use to study without burning yourself out or spending a lot of money? And is anyone else learning/know hungarian and interested in perhaps doing some kind of pen pal deal?
Visit me at my internet space. http://narcissisticvagabond.com

Tortuga_traveller

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 12th, 2010
Hungarian is one of the most bizzare difficult,and rich languages ever to exist in the Western World.
One friend of mine(hungarian), said that it was like being in the cradle of a rich culture and language, one that kept most Hungarians from learning much English and going out in the world.

Good luck.

I had a hard enough time learning Spanish. Given the conjugation system is so different, with no real cognates to English, its beyond me without a years work or living in the country learning it intensively. Oh, and you won't have much time for it in Hungary when you're taking your Celta. THey work you very hard there, and teach you very well.

Hint. WHen you put out your laundry to dry, watch it.
Open your heart, and your dreams will follow

Return to In Other Words + More Resources