Categories
Recent Entries

Archives

May 16, 2004

About Me

I'm from a small community in Tennessee although I don't seem to be there very often. The beautiful East Tennessee mountains do call me home from time to time and I have to oblige. The other place I call home is St. Petersburg, Florida where I've attended college for the past few years. I've met amazing people with stories to tell and much to teach me. I won't be spending much time here either in the next few years, but just as the mountains call me home, the waves of the Gulf invite me to return often, and I will.

I got my feet wet travelling back in the mid-1990s when I went with my high school marching band to London to march in the Lord Mayor's Day Parade. It was my first trip overseas and I couldn't get enough. From fish and chips by the Tower of London to Oxford and Windsor, I was enamored with the differences I found, and so much adventure. Months later, I travelled back to Europe (Spain) to study Spanish language and culture for nearly two weeks. Beginning in Madrid and working our way through time and place, I again was romanced by the road.

It would be a few years before I would travel again, but now that I've started, I don't want to stop! I've spent four months in Hong Kong studying at a university and meeting some of the most exciting people I've ever met in my life. I backpacked Thailand in a whirlwind but still, always excited and wanting more.

Over the last year, I've found myself increasingly busy and increasingly unsettled. I've always been one of those people who can't sit still. My latest journies in the summer of 2003 were to Poland and Canada. New people, new places, new adventures. All of it shaping my changing world view.

Now, here I am, travelling again. To Cambodia, across Western Europe, and then settling (but not for too long) in Poland. I'm sure I'll travel Eastern Europe as well. Then Brussels and beyond for the next year. But no matter where I've been or where I'm going, it's about meeting people, discovering new things and places, and wanting to know more and more about our human connections. Most of all, here I am, scouring the world, searching for peace...

Posted by April on May 16, 2004 10:28 PM
Category: Me and My Blog
Comments
Email this page
Email this entry to:

Your email address:

Message (optional):

Designed & Hosted by the BootsnAll Travel Network