Discuss recent articles published on the BootsnAll Travel Network. Ask authors questions, provide writing feedback and suggest corrections. Highlight your favorite articles, too!

Arizona's Route 66

parisgirl

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: April 19th, 2008
RE: http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/08-04/arizonas-draw-c...and-imagery-usa.html
You mentioned Route 66 and I wondered if the portion of the Route 66 running through Williams lived up to your expectations. Ask many French people what they want to see when they go to the US and Route 66 is always at the top of their list. I'm never sure what to tell them - is it worth the trek? And if so, what's the best preserved part of Route 66 to capture the full flavor?
You're right about Sedona. The rock formations are super.
Chris
-----------
WhyGo Paris

Traveller At Heart

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 23rd, 2008
Tough question because I saw only a snippet of Route 66 - along Williams and Flagstaff. Williams definitely gives one "the feel" of Route 66 "as it was" because Williams relies more on that income than Flagstaff.

If someone from France wants to see Route 66, certainly the Arizona stretch of it would be worthwhile.

Corvinus

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 26th, 2008
There's also the Grand Canyon Caverns east of Peach Springs, which is a nice cool stop on a hot driving day.

KathrynD

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 29th, 2009
I went to the Grand Canyon Caverns this spring, they were pretty fun to visit if you're out that way. Also ate at a diner with a great chef salad in the town just a bit east of there. It was a place with lots of Germanic decorations and nice service. Sorry I don't know the name.

busman7

Began Gap Year Trip Six Years Ago

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 13th, 2010
Have only been on the portion of Route 66 near Oatman Arizona & although touristy it seemed fairly authentic.
Driving the full length (what's left anyway) in my Checker is on my bucket list. 8-)
"Being normal? Ugh. I can't imagine how awful that must be" unknown

Corvinus

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 24th, 2011
There's another stretch of Route 66 in New Mexico that I took a few years back. It's kind of featureless, though, and it runs through the Laguna Indian Reservation a few miles east of Grants and connects up with I-25 at Las Lunas. There are no towns en route.

busman7

Began Gap Year Trip Six Years Ago

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 24th, 2011
Did the whole Route 66 in Oct 2010 & the whole Route lived up to expectations 8-)
"Being normal? Ugh. I can't imagine how awful that must be" unknown

Return to BootsnAll Travel Articles