Ask Bali fans for recommendations on everything from places to stay to top attractions to the best dentists. Learn about getting married in Bali, how to travel elsewhere in Indonesia and anything else about this island paradise.

Around Bali

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

Tags: bali
  • Added on: July 12th, 2010
Hi there,

we are going to spend one week on Bali in August. We would like to explore the whole island - quiet beaches, nature, snorkling...avoiding the crowds and hotel complexes.
Any suggestions what to see, where to go? Any good tips where to stay - nice hostels, beach bungalows?

Thanks for your help.

Felix the Hat

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 16th, 2010
My favorite activity on Bali was renting a motorbike and getting lost. It takes about an hour to get from Ubud to Danau Batur, and not much more to get to the north shore of the island. Most of West Bali is nearly unvisited by tourists.

Nusa Lembongan, a small island just off Sanur, is a perfect place to bliss out for a few days. The views across the strait to Gunung Agung are spectacular, and I've never seen sunsets that compare to the ones I saw there.

Don't bother with hostels, as accommodations are cheap enough on Bali to make hostels pointless. I really enjoyed Pondok Baruna, on Nusa Lembongan; Family Guesthouse, just off Tebasaya in Ubud, and Mimpi Bungalows, just off Poppies I in Kuta.

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 2nd, 2010
Since you are visiting Bali in August which is a tourist season, so be prepared to find a mad rush of people all over Bali.

The best places/beaches to visit in Bali are Nusa Dua, Soka and Lovina Beach.

There are a plenty of beach bungalows in Bali. Some of the ones famous for their luxurious stay are Melasti Kuta Beach Bungalow & Spa and Pondok Sari Beach Bungalow Resort & Spa.

As We Travel

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 21st, 2010
Amed and Candidasa (with the ancient pre-hindu village Tenganan right around the corner!) are both nice and quiet areas with hotels in all price ranges, where you can go on diving trips or just laze around and do some snorkeling.
It's far away from all the touristy places and is a great place for those who want to escape for some time. I loved it there!

Return to Bali Travel Forum