Discuss recent articles published on the BootsnAll Travel Network. Ask authors questions, provide writing feedback and suggest corrections. Highlight your favorite articles, too!

Articles

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 8th, 2009
Sorry for the confusion, Anne-Sophie. We are in the process of integrating all of the log-ins on BootsnAll so that one will work for all. Currently the boards log-in is kind of independent of the other, which is why it was not recognizing you.

We're aiming to have everything done by the end of this month, but you can go ahead and register for the article commenting if you like and we'll tie things up when the time comes.
Looking for a travel deal? deals.BootsnAll.com
Support a developing world entrepreneur. Join the BootsnAll Kiva Group

Callilucy

Waitin' For The Lentil Loaf

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 9th, 2009
Just FYI: I'm guessing I just got caught in the middle of your syncing up... I tried to rate an article and it told me my login was wrong so I thought I needed to register. When I tried to register it told me my email was already registered. I know I had entered the right password but once I got a new one mailed to me I was able to login.

So, the bottom line is: I was able to comment but the system was being wacky.
I don't want to be fearless, I want to be brave.

Not the first Travis

Future Expat

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 13th, 2009
Still wonky.

I tried to give a big, pudgy, Roger Ebert thumbs down to this tenuously travel-related article while I was logged in, but it wouldn't let me. Nor would it let me log in via the interface.

Wierd. Crazy

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

Logged in to the boards or logged in to voting on articles?

They are still separate from each other for now.

Not the first Travis

Future Expat

Share on Orkut

Ooops. Sorry. Logged into the boards, only. I see you're in the process of synching them up....

My bad.

Cheers.

Callilucy

Share on Orkut

I've got a question about the article commenting...
So last time I had to choose the 'lost password' route and have a new random one emailed to me. I had to do it again this time when I realized I hadn't changed it from the random nonsense to something I could remember. SO this time, armed with my new random password, I logged in, commented and then tried to change my password which the email told me I could do anytime I was logged in. The problem is, I can't find any sort of profile link to do that. Maybe I'm just being an idiot and am not seeing it or have missed out on something mentioned earlier. How do I change my login password?

Also, my comment hasn't shown up on the article. Do you guys have an approval process or something? (It's the same article NTFT mentions above, which is not your best work.)

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

Sorry you guys don't like that particular article. I know Roger and the writing crew would welcome your suggestions of interesting stuff to write about, so don't be shy with those.

My comment on a different article didn't show up until I refreshed a couple times but I've tried that here and I still don't see your comment. We'll take a look and see if it's a bug.

We're still working out the quirks in the registration system, but if you go to our hostels page while you're logged in, you'll see in the top right your display name and if you click on that you'll be able to change your password.

Callilucy

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 20th, 2009
I know you guys are busy with the huge boards switch so I've got my nice cool drink and shall sit back and relax until you get around to me...

I tried posting a comment today and had a little problem. First off, now that the boards are switched I was automatically logged in and all of that was very smooth. So I rated the article and wrote a comment and then went to hit the little button to post annnnnnnd... I'm a dumbass and clicked the wrong button. The 'No thanks' and 'Sure', or whatever it is, confused me briefly enough that I screwed up. I dunno, maybe those could be a little more clear or maybe it's just me. My real problem is that now I can't go back and fix it. The only way I know how to comment is by clicking on the thumbs but since I already gave it a thumbs up I can't rate it again (which is cool, I like the one vote system) but that also means that I can't get the comment screen. Is there any way around this?

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

We can try deleting your vote and letting you vote again. Which article were you voting on?

Callilucy

Share on Orkut

That seems like alot of work, it wasn't that important, I suppose. It was Jessie's article regarding substitutes for liquid toiletry items.

In other news, my comment on this article never showed up.

BostonBill

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 21st, 2009
Still wonky.I tried to give a big, pudgy, Roger Ebert thumbs down to this tenuously travel-related article while I was logged in, but it wouldn't let me. Nor would it let me log in via the interface. Weird.

So I followed the link and wanted to comment but didn't know how. do you have to hit the Digg button? Then you have to join Digg? Is that how it works,?

btw I loved it. Any article that mentions Charlize, automatically gets my approval.

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 25th, 2009
Callilucy, your votes have been removed from both articles so if you want to go back and re-vote and leave your comments, they should appear now.

Callilucy

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 26th, 2009
Ok, thanks for the effort. Hopefully, I won't mess it up again. ;)

Craze_b0i

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 5th, 2009
BostonBill wrote:
Still wonky.I tried to give a big, pudgy, Roger Ebert thumbs down to this tenuously travel-related article while I was logged in, but it wouldn't let me. Nor would it let me log in via the interface. Weird.

So I followed the link and wanted to comment but didn't know how. do you have to hit the Digg button? Then you have to join Digg? Is that how it works,?

btw I loved it. Any article that mentions Charlize, automatically gets my approval.

Initially this confused me as well, it is not really clear from the page layout how to post a comment.

But, to answer your question, to comment you have to click either the thumbs up or thumbs down.
"Let's see if we can enjoy this recession. i enjoyed most of the previous ones."
- Zoomcharlieb.

my travel website

Previous

Return to BootsnAll Travel Articles