Discuss recent articles published on the BootsnAll Travel Network. Ask authors questions, provide writing feedback and suggest corrections. Highlight your favorite articles, too!

Articles

ninimetreveli

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: October 26th, 2008
RE: http://www.bootsnall.com/articles

Really loved this article! Rock Out
Always interesting to 'See my country & culture Through Other People's Eyes'
Not to touch the earth
Not to see the sun
Nothing left to do, but
Run, run,
Let's run ...

maxschnell

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 20th, 2008
Gifted writer. Consider including photos of
each writer.

JessieS

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 20th, 2008
ninimetreveli, that link goes to a general page of all the BootsnAll articles, so we don't know which article it is you're talking about. Can you provide a link to the specific article? I'm glad you liked it, whatever it was! Smile
The Official BootsnAll Italy Travel Guide
Are you on Twitter? Follow me!

llworldtour

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 22nd, 2008
Hi there-
I am going to Egypt and would like to contact Ahmed...but the email address you listed does not work--my email was returned. Any idea how to get in touch with Ahmed?
Thank you!!
Lisa
www.llworldtour.com

jim humberd

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 23rd, 2008
It's amazing how many
ridiculous, stupid, ignorant,
inefficient, obnoxious
people you will meet,

when you are in a bad mood.

===

We are always told that people in France will be unhappy if we do not speak their language.

Caknuckles

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 30th, 2008
My one question is: Why is only one Canadian destination mentioned in this article? Canada just happens to be one of the "other" countries in North America. From my experience of skiing on both sides of the border, to exclude some of the phenominal skiing north of the border is doing a disservice to anyone looking for the "12 Best Resorts in North America". In my experience and opinion some of the best skiing is also in Canada. I don't think Lake Louise would be at the top of my list but everyone has they're own opinion. To exclude mention of places like Kicking Horse BC, Fernie Alpine Resort BC, Sunshine Village AB or even some of the lesser knowns like Shames Mountain for its unreal backcountry is doing a disservice to those looking for a killer experience. I don't argue that the resorts mentioned in the article are not awesome places to hit the slopes, I just think there are few Canadian jewels that deserved mention somewhere in the list. Just my 2 cents, no offence intended.

static

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 1st, 2008
We would gratefully accept an article written by you that would clear up this oversight.

Callilucy

Waitin' For The Lentil Loaf

Share on Orkut

What is up with this thread? Is it like a catchall for article comments that through some techno glitch didn't get attached to the specific article? It feels a bit schizophrenic. You've got Canada, Egypt, France and who knows where and everyone is addressing their comments like we should understand what they are referencing. I can't be the only one confused. Confused
I don't want to be fearless, I want to be brave.

rawjer

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

Callilucy,

You are definitely not the only one who is confused. This thread has been a head-scratcher since the first post, and I just figured out that your techno glitch theory is right on the money.

It's supposed to work that each article creates its own thread when someone comments, but at the moment they are all linking directly to this catch-all thread.

I'll alert the techno glitchers and get this fixed ASAP. Thanks!

Callilucy

Waitin' For The Lentil Loaf

Share on Orkut

quote:
Originally posted by rawjer:
It's supposed to work that each article creates its own thread when someone comments, but at the moment they are all linking directly to this catch-all thread.

That's what I figured. Thanks Rawjer.
I don't want to be fearless, I want to be brave.

Not the first Travis

Future Expat

Share on Orkut

But I love this thread! Paranoid Dance

It makes me giggle.

Anne-Sophie

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 7th, 2009
I just tried to comment on an article by clicking the "got an opinion?"-thing at the bottom of the article. That brought me to the message boards in general, not directly (and with a link) to a post regarding the relevant article, as before. Is that a deliberate change?

Anne-Sophie

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

One more thing, by the way: I've noticed that articles are no longer dated. I rather like seeing the date an article is published. Makes it easier when someone mentions "3 years ago, a tsunami wiped this little island off the map..."

But perhaps you have a reason for removing the dates? Smile

JessieS

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

Thanks for the questions, Anne-Sophie... We've finally got our new commenting system up & running on BnA articles; you can read about the change here.

As for the date on articles, even if they're not printed in the article itself, you can figure out the year and month an article was posted from the URL. For instance, the URL for our new article about the 10 destinations for independent travelers in 2009 looks like this:

http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/09-01/top-10-destinat...-travelers-2009.html

In the middle, that 09-01 means that it was published in the year 2009 in the month 01.

Now, this isn't ideal for people who aren't looking at URLs, but it will help you find out the publication date if you're so inclined.

Hope that helps!
The Official BootsnAll Italy Travel Guide
Are you on Twitter? Follow me!

Anne-Sophie

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 8th, 2009
Thanks for the quick reply, Jessie.

Ah, I see - better to see the comments along with the article, that's an improvement.

One question, though: When I tried to comment (on the Top 10 destinations-article incidentally: great list!), I was asked to log in (even though I am logged in - at least to the message boards. Is it a different log-in, then?

When I then tried to log in again, I entered my e-mail address (the same e-mail I receive BnA-updates on), I was told the e-mail isn't registered. Either that was because I was already logged in - or something is wrong...?

I see I'm rambling a bit here - hope you understand what I'm asking Smile

Next

Return to BootsnAll Travel Articles