The home for BootsnAll.com members - talk with other travelers, ask questions that don't fit anywhere else and learn more about the BnA community.

Backpacker wedding: easy countries to get married in!

Molte

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 26th, 2010
Hi Folks,

My fiance and I need some advice about getting hitched overseas this March. He's Norwegian and I'm Australian and we're trying to avoid cross-continental family dramas by eloping...yeehah!

We'd love to do the deed somewhere cold and snowy...we're dedicated ski bums from way back.

We're currently living in China, so a place that doesn't require us to first travel back to our respective countries and organise witnessed paperwork would be ideal. Anything that can be done by correspondance is A OK.

Any suggestions, tips, ticks or potential problems that we might encounter??

Cheers,

Alessia and Thomas

Ant

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 28th, 2010
Congratulations!

You've got a lot of options. I had actually hoped to pass along a really cool site that I recall from years back, but couldn't find it. It was a blog by a couple who was traveling the world and got married in as many countries as they could, according to the local traditions and customs. It was a great site, but sadly I couldn't find it -- maybe someone else will have better luck.

I did find a few things that may be helpful though -- overall you can get married just about wherever you want, just as long as you've got the paperwork in order. Here are some things that might help:

Wedding Traditions and Customs around the World

How to Get Married in Another Country

And this one, just for fun :-)
26 Most Bizzare Wedding Customs from Around the World
Cheers,

Anthony St. Clair
Writer & Editor / Traveler / Cook / Brewer
http://www.antsaint.com
twitter / antsaint

halfnine

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 29th, 2010
If you want super easy.....Las Vegas. You can literally just show up with your passports and be married within a few hours. No extra identification documents required, no x number of days required in country, no waiting period, no need to pre-book anything, and marriage cert should be valid anywhere.

Return to BootsnAll Members' Forum