Ask Bali fans for recommendations on everything from places to stay to top attractions to the best dentists. Learn about getting married in Bali, how to travel elsewhere in Indonesia and anything else about this island paradise.

bali in Feb

rock

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 20th, 2004
My wife and I are planning bali for 2nd week of feb. We'd like to stay for 4 whole days at least and have a budget of USD650 pp for the accomodations and the flight. We'll be flying from Manila. I've read thru some of Nick's reviews and they were quite informative. I'd like to ask for recommendations on places to stay. We'd like to be by the beach and also near enough to the night spots for evening outings & shopping. We'd like the hotel to have a relaxing not too busy atmosphere. Thanks

Nick

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 22nd, 2004
Hi Rock,

Here's a link that helps you find air tickets.

Air Tickets.

You've got 5 main areas : Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Sanur, Nusa Dua.

I'd can Nusa Dua if you're looking for nightlife, same with Sanur. THey're great for relaxing but not much going on after dark.

Kuta has a combination of large hotels ( Kuta Paradiso, Bali Dynasty ) as well as smaller places that are perfectly okay ( Kuta Beach Club, Poppies Hotel ).

Plenty of nightlife altohugh it does smack of '1 week holiday makers' a bit.

Legian has mid range hotels, (Komala Pantai ) and is close to the beach. Scene here families from Asutralia.

Seminyak has better nightlife and restaurants. More fancy hotels as well as nice samller places. One place I quite like is the Bali Agung Village off of Jl Dhyana Pura. It a short walk to the beach, very relaxing setting and close to the action.

Also recommend you get down to Dreamland or Balangan beaches, very nice!

Hope to see you when you get here.

Nick O'Neill
http://www.BaliBlog.com
BootsnAll's guide to Bali

Return to Bali Travel Forum