Offers insights on how to find an accessible room and suggest air travel tips for wheelers and slow walkers. Dish info on the best airline bathrooms and the hassle-free ways to deal with airport security.

BBC's beyond boundaries

everett

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: October 16th, 2006
The BBC are airing an interesting documentary throughout October, called Beyond Boundaries.

A group of people, each with different disabilites, have taken on a one month challenge to trek across Africa.

This expedition would be a challenge for most able-bodied, physically fit people, yet within the group are paraplegics in wheelchairs, amputees, a lad who is completely deaf and a girl with cerebal palsy.

The documentary is aiming to challenge people's perceptions of disability, and although many of you don't get the BBC, there are video diaries and stories at the website: www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/tvradio/beyondboundariesafrica/
www.jamblemag.com - green travel magazine

Skyehiker

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 13th, 2008
This is really, really cool! I work in special education, but think that even if I didn't, I would LOVE this.

Definitely beats the US' "Amazing Race" (just my opinion). THANKS for posting this!

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page. ---St. Augustine

Skyehiker

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 13th, 2008
Ok...so I just noticed the OP is two years old...but it's still a really cool show Big Grin

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page. ---St. Augustine

Return to Travel with Disabilities