Research visa restrictions, safety issues and the best way to pick a guide in the Middle East. Learn about the countries beyond the media hype and discover why the people make the place.

Beirut & Damascus

starrscape

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: Beirut, damascus
  • Added on: March 23rd, 2011
Hi everyone,
This april I'll be flying into Beirut from Dublin and from from Beirut to Damascus and home again.

Im wondering if someone could help me with the problem I'll have at the airport in Beirut when they ask for proof of a return ticket or a ticket out of the country? I intend to get a taxi or maybe a bus from beirut to damascus but i wouldnt be able to get a ticket for those before getting to the bus/taxi station itself, right?
How strict are they on this rule?
Would a letter of invitation from a relative living in damascus help?

Please let me know if anyones encountered this already.

Shukran

Tortuga_traveller

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 23rd, 2011
There should be no problem. I've never been asked for an onward ticket in any of my travels when I came in on a one way ticket. In England, I got the third degree. They still let me in eventually because I had money and a contact.

I await people who have specific knowledge of Lebanon...

2wanderers

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 24th, 2011
No experience specific to Lebanon, but many countries won't even ask. Egypt supposedly has an onward ticket rule, but they didn't inquire when I flew in. The UK is the only place I've ever been asked to show the ticket, and that only happened because my girlfriend and I raised a red flag by answering "purpose of visit" differently.

If they do ask, show your ticket out from Damascus. I assume you'll also have a visa for Syria? Those two things should be adequate evidence of onward travel if they care.

starrscape

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 24th, 2011
Thanks guys!Thats really helpful.

It was a travel agent that told me about this and i suppose she has to.

Great!Thanks a mil =)

Return to Middle East Travel