Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

Belgrade to Sarajevo

Kathryn M

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: April 17th, 2006
Anyone go from Belgrade to Sarajevo. I have a sneaking suspision that there must be a bus. The train is a bit long for the actual distance, 14 hours to go about 350 kilometers.

Thanks!

dryadsage

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

This looks like it's probably what you're after; it's the branch of Eurolines for Yugoslavia (Eurolines term, not mine Smile). I haven't been able to make much sense out of it (but also haven't looked at it that much). Go to Time Table > International Transport > Prices > Bosnia & R.S. I'm guessing "km" is the Bosnian convertible mark, but I'm not sure...

Also found this whereby you could guesstimate comparable cost to/from Belgrade.

"A coach service runs from Sarajevo to Split on the Croatian coast via Mostar. There is a good connection between Zagreb and Sarejevo (about 8 hours one way, cost 26 EUR) and between Belgrade and Istocno Sarajevo (ethnic Serbian suburb of Sarajevo)."

...and this (from 2004) which states:

"bus Belgrade - Sarajevo: 7 hours (10 euros each way), several departures every day. It goes to Srpsko Sarajevo, then take local bus."

Hope that helps, generally.

KateL57

Vagabonder

Share on Orkut

I tried the main bus company in Sarajevo - centrotrans.ba - and first, it doesn't seem to be available in English (but is in German) and second, the link for international lines is under construction or something.

I'm sure there exists a bus and it is cheap - 10 KM is 5€, so that's extremely cheap but possible. I followed the eurolines link and if you need to pick one of those routes, Lukavica is the name of the Sarajevo suburb that used to be(and sometimes still is) called Srpsko Sarajevo.

There must be buses from Lukavica to Sarajevo...but I'd be hesitant to put myself at any risk of getting stuck in a town in BiH outside Sarajevo mainly because everything outside Sarajevo strikes me as rural to the point of mildly spooking me (and I lived in Sarajevo for 2 years). If you feel okay with this then go for it, but if you are wary you might try Banja Luka because it's so much bigger and although there are bound to be buses, it wouldn't be quite so odd to be stuck.

Have a good trip - I haven't been to Belgrade yet myself but have heard good things about it from people who have lived there etc.
Make cay, not war - Kesmen

gonorth

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

This info should help.
---...--- ---...--- ---...--- ---...---
Joes portly antipodean pal
He just wants my port and cherry ripes

Kathryn M

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 18th, 2006
Thanks! I was looking into the one flight a day but now that I can see there are buses I will take my chances with that!

bliss

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 3rd, 2006
did you actually find the bus? i am doing the same route in a few days and wouldlove more details if you have them (length of trip, location of bus stand, departure times, cost, etc)
thanks so much!
bliss

Kathryn M

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 5th, 2006
This is as close as I have gotten: http://www.bas.co.yu/basweb_lat/redvoznje.asp. However, it doesn't seem to work. When you go would you mind finding some stuff out for me though? The departure times of the first and last busses, how long it takes, and where you get dropped off? Thanks!

Return to Europe Travel