Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

Benelux-Germany-Denmark Itinerary in May?

inbetweendreams

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: benelux, belgium, netherlands, germany, denmark, brussels, bruges, amsterdam, munich, berlin, copenhagen
  • Added on: November 22nd, 2012
Hello everyone,

A close friend and I are planning a trip for May of next year. We're hoping to fly out of Montreal around April 30th/May 1st and to fly back to Canada around May 27th. Our plan is to land in Brussels, and then make our way through Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, and Denmark. Luxembourg is an option if we're visiting a nearby city.

Rough itinerary:
Brussels - 2 days
Bruges - 3 days
Potentially Luxembourg - 1 day
Amsterdam - 4 days
Surrounding Dutch cities? - 3 days
Berlin - 3 days
Munich - 3 days
Another German city? - 2 days
Copenhagen - 4 days

This itinerary is only 25 days long, and is very flexible. I've looked into buying the Eurail pass, at least for Benelux-Germany, and then probably flying up to Copenhagen to save some travel time. Have I left out any "must-see" cities? When doing my research I've had such a hard time narrowing it down and estimating how much time we want to spend where. All advice is welcome! Thanks in advance!

PS: We also toyed around with alternatively heading down to Prague/Budapest instead of up to Copenhagen...

BlueCat

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 27th, 2012
On another Germany city - 2days, I recommend Rotenburg:
Day1: Kassel - Würzburg (start from romantic Avenue) - Bishop's Palace (World Heritage Site) - Rotenburg
Day2: Rothenburg - Neuschwanstein Castle - Fussen

Actually, line along the wall of Rothenburg is a good tourist route。
Crime Museum-terrorist but attractive.

:x
YourtTrip is an efficient route planner for travelers. It meets the trekkers' need of saving and planning all kinds of trips around the world.

zvonkova

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 24th, 2013
Do not skip Prague! Copenhagen is one of the most expensive cities in Europe, btw!

But really, Prague is still a gem even if it gets a bad rap for having too many tourists. You just have to know where to look:)
http://www.pragueoffthemap.com/
An Alternative Guide to Prague

Return to Europe Travel