Figure out the best place to stay on Khao San Road in Bangkok and where to escape when you've had enough of the mayhem. From Singapore Slings to the changes in Bejing after the 2008 Olympics, gab about it all here.

Best area of Bangkok

Mama-to-many

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: August 31st, 2010
We stayed at the Train Inn right next to the train station both times we were in Bangkok.
Starting at 450baht, it's among the cheapest around.
Sterile clean.
Maid service was not optional - they came through every day and rearranged all our bags - grrrr.
Precious few travellers around.
Nearby extremely cheap food spots (ie 25 baht for a meal - only time we saw rats leave the sewer and sit under our table was during a big rain!!!)
Easy walk to Chinatown....longer but still doable walk to Platinum and Pratunum malls and Centralworld if that's what you're wanting to do.....river taxi and skytrain nearby for getting to other places....airport shuttle goes from train station too

tvl2

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 21st, 2010
Definitely a very helpful thread. :rockout:

tvl2

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 6th, 2010
You might want to stick on the first idea of where to stay, that might be the most ideal for you. :)

tvl2

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 19th, 2010
I hope you are having a grand time and have gotten to taste what really is Thai.

Cheers :)

surftraveler88

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 3rd, 2011
The best part about Bangkok is the street food! Practice caution but don' t be timid to try new things. I went on a sejours thailande with Beach Travellers and they showed us their favorite spots to eat.

Erika Ayala

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 4th, 2011
I've been to Bangkok a lot of times already. I only go there for shopping and food, nothing else. The clothes and accessories there are crazy cheap! I feel like I want to live there and be seen fashionable everyday!
The best place I've stayed so far was in Holiday Inn, Bangkok. It was near Siam Paragon, one of the biggest malls in Asia. If you get a hotel, make sure it's around Silom so that you will have easy access to a lot of malls in Bangkok.
Also, it's nice to walk around since there is a bridge connected to various buildings and malls in Silom.

I'm very excited for you! I hope I can go back to Bangkok soon :)
It's for the Kids!! Support Adopt A School

Curt1591

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 4th, 2011
Actually "SIAM" is in the center of all the big Bangkok shopping malls, Siam Paragon, Siam Center, Siam Discovery and Siam Square. Centralworld, Bangkok's largest, is just east.

Previous

Return to Asia Travel