Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

Best Hotel for Paris exploration?

Lave1975

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: March 27th, 2014
My husband is going to have a business trip in Paris on 2nd April. Then we'll have 4 days left visit this romantic city. Because it's our both first time to be there, we wonder which stay is the most convenient for Paris exploration. Can you give us some recommendations for the best hotel with sufficient services surrounded by local attractions in Paris. Many thanks!

Ddrezner

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 27th, 2014
Ok: I think we've got a two part question here.

1. What is the best hotel you know about?

2. What is the best location?

1. I can't help you much with that because Paris is full of good hotels, most of which are expensive to very expensive (80-200 per night) and always seem cramped.

2. The place to be is anywhere in central paris, and never the suburbs.

Central Paris has a great transport system, and its easy to get anywhere.

Preferred places:

Center(arc de triumph, eiffel tower) is very good
Montmartre is very cute and cozy, on a hill. You can't beat it.
Tortuga traveller

PhotoChick

Vagabonder

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 30th, 2014
I am just back from Paris, having met up with a Bootsnall buddy (Helga the Viking) from 10+ years ago, which was a nice BnA flashback!

We stayed in an airbnb flat, as had my sister and mom when they were in Paris last year. I highly recommend using http://www.airbnb.com. You can't beat the prices and options available to you in Paris and it will feel more personal. That said, a hotel which I really enjoyed was:

http://www.hotelsorbonne.com/en/colors/

Very small rooms, but lush and sexy.

As for area, on both of my last 2 trips I inadvertently stayed both times in the 3rd arrondissement. It's not heaving with hotels, but you can get just about everywhere because it's close to Republique metro. Everything is really walkable. A little hidden gem was a local market on a Saturday AM called the Marche des Enfants Rouges.

Have fun and eat your way through Paris!

Photochick
Latest Adventure: Una Moto en Argentina
Check out my RTW blog

Return to Europe Travel