Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

best way- paris> rome> barcelona

slimjimham

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: April 17th, 2014
Hey guys, myself and my girlfriend will be traveling from

-Paris to Rome on sept 1st or 2nd
-Rome to Barcelona on sept 4th if overnight or 5th (hotel reservations there on the 5th)

looking for the cheapest way... looks like Paris to Rome is about $600 usd(9hours) for the two of us but can't pull up a price or itinerary for the rome to barcelona...

thinking flying may be the way to go but never done place to place flying over there, always used the rails.

I've heard the flying prices often go up when you consider the airports aren't close to those big cities... is this true? And with my itinerary if I was to fly how far/expensive is it to get to the airports?

Thanks!!!!!
Jim

If we fly we will both have 1 carry on and 1 checked bag

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 17th, 2014
Here's some info on Rome to Barcelona in our Italy travel guide.

Train stations are often in or near the major tourist centers, whereas airports naturally are some distance away, meaning you would need to factor in the cost (and time) to get to/from the airports. With some of the budget airlines, they may also fly into smaller satellite airports (think Luton and Stansted in "London") which are even further away and not serviced by public transit.

Still, the extremely low cost of some flights will still put them ahead of train tickets in some cases. So it may depend more on how much hassle you are prepared to deal with to take those flights.
What makes an Indie traveler? Discuss the Indie Travel Manifesto
Support a developing world entrepreneur. Join the BootsnAll Kiva Group

Return to Europe Travel