Figure out the best way to get from Central to South America, when you should book your accommodations for Carnaval and local language school recommendations. If it's on South America, it's in this forum.

Booking Refugio in Torres del Paine

Julie

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: February 1st, 2008
Hi,

I've been trying to book the refugios in Torres del Paine national park and was having a heck of time finding a website to do so without incurring booking costs. Most web travel agencies will do it but charge a booking fee from anywhere between 50$ to 100$ USD. I knew it was possible to book directly with the companies that owned them but most of the travel websites pointed me towards Path@gone which doesn't have a functioning site anymore (at least when I checked). The guidebooks weren't any help as well.

So to save others from having to search and to avoid paying the booking fees, here are the websites to reserve directly with the owners:

Fantastico Sur:
Refugios: Torres Norte, Chileno, Cuernos, Torres Central
Cabanas: Los Cuernos
http://www.wcircuit.com/en/refugios.html

Vertice Patagonia:
Refugio: Paine Grand Lodge
http://www.verticepatagonia.cl/ingles/lodge.htm

Hope this helps!

RalphTheWonderLlama

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

Ye gods, but that's handy - thanks Smile
A Møøse once bit my sister ...

stouds

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

Why refugio? Don't have tent/sleeping bag.

Personally I would suggest not getting a refugio. they are expensive and very, very overated per the people who stayed in them while I was there. We camped, which is right next to the refugios, and everyone who camps there can still use the facilities, so essentially you are paying $60 bucks for the same services I got for free. We ate one meal in the refugio b/c we were running out. It was $20 and not good. FWIW.

Return to South America Travel