Whether it's diving in Belize or venturing on an eco-trek in Costa Rica, you'll find answers to your questions on Central America travel here.

CA-4 and Visa Renewal

bakpakaddict

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: July 10th, 2010
Hello, I didn´t see this posted anywhere so thought I would ask:

Does anyone have any recent experience extending their 90 Day Central American Visa (the CA4 btwn Guat, El Salvador, Honduras and Nic)? We are in Guatemala and will definitely need more time as we head south, and I read a bad experience elsewhere about renewing in Honduras where we think we will be when our first 90 are up.

Is it possible to renew in Honduras, and if so, is it only in Tegucigalpa? Can you get the full 90?

Otherwise, I know it´s possible to extend in Guatemala City or in El Salvador, but will they extend it from the day you go to the immigration office or from the end of your 1st 90 days? The latter would obviously be better for us because then you´re not effectively losing days.

Any info/help/experiences or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

juan3

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 10th, 2010
If you renew in Guatemala City you get 90 days from the date of your renewal. I don't know about the other three countries.
----------------------------------------- I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.-Mark Twain

Return to Central America Travel