Eire is more than just Guinness, green hills and redheads... Come talk about what makes Ireland so special.

camping in Ireland?

mountainmari

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: March 22nd, 2008
I'm heading to Ireland for 5 weeks in early July. I am planning on hiking the Wicklow Way and doing some other hikes. Will camping be a possibility for me along my longer hike? Some people have told me that it is forbidden along the trail.

Burningbarricade

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 13th, 2008
Hi there,

if your planning a bit of camping and like a good hike then get yourself a map of the mourne mountains (Northern Ireland) and go there too.

The countryside around the mountains is stunning and the mountains are great too.

A few years ago me and a few friends went there, parked the cars and walked until we found a beautiful spot beside a crystal clear river. It was July and the weather was brilliant. And the river was great to cool our Harp lagers (famous Irish beer)

Hope you have a great time!

Corkybuchek

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 24th, 2008
Hi there,

Now firstly your a very lucky person to be coming to Wicklow. I have been all over Ireland with work and this County is Fantastic. They dont call it the garden county for nothing.
Between your trecks you should Check out "The Great Sugarloaf", "Glendalough", "The Sally Gap",and "The Wicklow Gap", "St Kevins Chuch"

Regarding your actual question. I dont know if you can camp on the Wicklow Way but if you get in contact with the Glendalough Visitor Centre they will set you straght. There is also a hostel in Glendalough if there answer is no.

You shoud get decent weather too.
Goodluck!

Burningbarricade

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 29th, 2008
So you should be here by now. Don't suppose you're online to tell us how your getting on

Arre

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 4th, 2009
I'd be interested in hearing about your trip, too. Are you camping all over Ireland?

Shannon123

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 19th, 2010
I agree - would love to hear about your trip. I'm a huge fan of Ireland and think you definitely chose a brilliant location with Wicklow. Amazing scenery and villages, friendly locals, interesting history and heritage, what more could you ask for? I am fortunate enough to have relatives living there, so I try and make the trip over there at least once a year with my family. I would also highly recommend hiring out a mountain bike and travelling through the coutryside - there are plenty of bike hire firms around and they are very helpful when planning routes also. Have fun!

Return to Ireland Travel