Figure out the best way to get from Central to South America, when you should book your accommodations for Carnaval and local language school recommendations. If it's on South America, it's in this forum.

Carnaval in the Amazon?

rosesandhello

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 26th, 2010
Does anyone know something about Carnaval in Manaus or Belem? Or maybe Bolivia? I simply can't resign myself to being stuck in Brasília for ALL of Carnaval. I'd like to escape somewhere even for just a few days to join the party.

Thanks for your help!!

latoya

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 30th, 2010
Belem has anice carnival, but the main stop in carnival in Brazil is Rio de Janeiro. Take a flight to Rio and will have the best party of your life ever!!!!

see you!

cherie

Librarian Gone Wild

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 4th, 2010
I was in Salvador for Carnaval - amazing, insane. Some Brasilians I know have told me they prefer it to Rio Carnaval. I was only in Salvador's Carnaval and can tell you - IT ROCKS!

But I was in Manaus a few days before Carnaval and they had a pretty fun pre-Carnaval party. I drank some of the best caipirinhas I've ever had (with fruit and sweetened condensed milk, OMG, they were amazing), danced a lot. Nothing compared to Salvador's Carnaval, but a lot of fun just the same.
www.worldofcherie.blogspot.com

gem90x

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 23rd, 2013
Hi Guys,

I'm in Brazil at the moment, currently in Arraial d'Ajuda (it's beautiful, well worth a visit). I've left everything until the last minute and have been travelling around via bus as the flights are so expensive, it takes a while but the buses are so much cheaper and they're very comfy. Good bus companies to look into are Aguia Branca and Sao Geraldo.

I'll be travelling to Rio by bus on the 26th and travelling around with Cruz the Coast, which I'm really looking forward to :D

I'm also doing some promotional work for friends company called Stoke Travel - they are providing all inclusive camping accommodation in Salvador during carnival. The campsite is right by the beach and they have availability for around 100 guests. Unlike other types of accommodation there is no minimum stay and if you use the promo code "Caipirinha" when booking you get FREE caipirinhas for the duration of your stay!

Anyways, I'll be there and there's my advice and plug!

Cheers guys,

Gem

Return to South America Travel