Figure out the best place to stay on Khao San Road in Bangkok and where to escape when you've had enough of the mayhem. From Singapore Slings to the changes in Bejing after the 2008 Olympics, gab about it all here.

Cheap & Free City Guides for Asia

Xanne

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: June 9th, 2010
Looks like Thailand is a popular choice for a holiday despite the political unrest there. Isn't this post on free city guides? TravelFish is a common guide for South East Asia in particular.
Meet travel friends and explore the world with WorldFriends -- the International community where you can find new friends who love travel.

francis12

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 29th, 2010
Thailand is the cheapest and the most beautiful tourist destination in Asia. I've been there twice this year and still planning to come back.
Web blog and travel guide on Siem Reap Cambodia.

lilycheese

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 29th, 2010
just make friends with them,they will be free guide.they are really hospitable

tvl2

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 28th, 2010
Thank you, this will be able to help out a lot.

chiang mai home need to get back

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 1st, 2010
I lived in northern Thailand for 4 years and in the city (bangkok) bangkapi, for a year. dont get stuck w/o enough money to get out while they say there is a 30,000 BHT cap dont believe it! best advise look at your visa stamp at the airport and make sure there is an arrival date and departure date with only one, Which happened to me first go-round, a true (Falong) I foulnd myself $1800.00 USD in the hole before I was allowed to leave. I now have found myself stuck in the "good ol usa Thankfully in Alaska, trying to find passage back home to my little 2 room home in San Khampeang, just north of Chiang Mai. take some time to learn alittle of local lingo....it goes along way with the locals that you even make an effort. Remember YOU ARE THERE GUEST SO ACT AS SUCH!!!! it could mean the difference between a wonderful trip and a nightmare you may never get out of. TREAT PEOPLE AS YOU WANT TO BE TREATEDI can not express this enough. It may be the land of smiles but it is easier to smile and twist the knife than to frown. I hope you do not miss read me, there is beauty everywher but even in the most beautiful of incects is a poisonous venom. If you are repectful to others you (8times out of 10) will get respect in return. Most Asians look at falong (the name that has stuck for westerners) as not much more than weekend partiers that are rude and out of touch with reality. To a point they are right5 most falong are just that here today gone tomarrow and don't care who orwhat they leave in their wake. So, try to change the view of the locaqls where ever you may be...........and SMILE ENJOY LIFE AND THINK ALWAYS ON HOW YOU ARE PERCIEVED BY OTHERS BECAUSE YOU ARE A REPRESENTATIVE AND AMBASADOR OF THE COUNTRY YOUCAME FROM.
Fun to all and all for fun anyone know how I can get home? cheers

tvl2

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 19th, 2010
This is by far really helpful. Thanks. :)

Previous

Return to Asia Travel