Head Down Under and yap about bloody Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Determine the best place to buy a car, how to get a working holiday visa and the best route for travelling in Oz and around the Kiwi Islands.

Cheap & Free City Guides for Australasia & the Pacific Islands

JessieS

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: November 13th, 2006
Consider this your table of contents to the Cheap & Free City Guides that have been written for Australasia & the Pacific Islands. If you'd like to add to one of the existing ones, feel free - better yet, start your own about a city not yet listed! For information on how the guides got started, and ideas on what to put in yours, check out this thread. And when you've written yours, please send me a PM so I can add it to this list.

Cheap & Free in Australasia & the Pacific Islands
Auckland
The Official BootsnAll Italy Travel Guide
Are you on Twitter? Follow me!

patricia23

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 21st, 2009
The cheapest accommodation is backpackers places... bed and breakfast places to can be cheaper than hotels.

Juliala

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 15th, 2011
I don’t know about other free city guides, but this is a pretty good guide for cheap travel ideas in Australia. Cheap and Easy Travel Guide

cindyfae

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 24th, 2013
My favourite guides are from independent travellers or travel deal platforms that have options that are a little less ordinary. If they have something a little different, and good reading material then I'd use that. It's a plus if they link you up to travel deals on the same place so you don't hve to go hunting for what they are talking about... All the travel guides I pick up from the airport I rarely really pay attention to but still they have better use because it's convenient. Finding the right travel guides online is also tricky. So it's a good thing to compile a list.

Personally, I like blogs and personal accounts. There's a list of the best travel blogs in Australia here and some others too if you google it. I recently started using an Aussie fare compare site called wego australia travel and they have some entertaining/cultural articles that I quite like so it's fast becoming a favourite for me. It's not exactly a guide for oz but more generic guide for travel i think. But i suppose u can filter travel deals by popularity to see what's the hottest stuff in aus. I also recommend reading travelfish guide on planning : Less is More.

That's my take, stuff that I use. Hope it helps some of u
I love the feeling of being anonymous in a city I've never been before.

neytour12

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 19th, 2013
For cheap and hassle free day tour guide in Sydney, Australia, choose Sydney Tours R Us at http://www.sydneytoursrus.com/

They offer affordable day tours in Hunter Valley, Hunter Valley Gardens, Port Stephens, and Blue Mountains tours http://www.sydneytoursrus.com/tours_bluemountains.html

Mark Grogan

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 21st, 2014
I've found that putting your items into a self storage unit while you're travelling mya be a good idea, especially if you intend to tour around the country for a while and take your time looking around. If you're going to be picking up a number of things, it may be a good idea to look into safe and secure storage space for your items that will leave you free to enjoy the sights!

Return to Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Islands Travel