Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

Cheap & Free City Guides for Europe

JessieS

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

Tags: free, cheap, Europe
  • Added on: November 13th, 2006
Consider this your table of contents to the Cheap & Free City Guides that have been written for Europe. If you'd like to add to one of the existing ones, feel free - better yet, start your own about a city not yet listed! For information on how the guides got started, and ideas on what to put in yours, check out this thread. And when you've written yours, please send me a PM so I can add it to this list.

Cheap & Free in Europe
Bratislava
Kyiv
Prague
Sarajevo
Zurich
The Official BootsnAll Italy Travel Guide
Are you on Twitter? Follow me!

CarlosAlbert

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 26th, 2009
kind of took a shortcut through the woods, but have found the yellow brick road again... :-) It took me a while as I ran into the wolf, some ocs, and ents...and made some friends along the way...so it took me some time....but that means I've got stories to tell :-) I cant wait to start loading pictures from the latest adventures :)
If you need information regarding a Chile wine tour PM me.

markk

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 5th, 2009
For Prague chech http://www.praguecentralhostels.com, i found it very helpful when looking for information and tips.

Jhonthompson

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 15th, 2009
Thanks !!!!!!! I have a story to share with you. I would like to describe my own city Nottingham, England. Though it’s a very small city but there are a lot of palces about which people don’t know. Thanks again for ur given links. This is a great way to let people know about my hometown!
I love to travel and I REALLY know South America. If you visit Valle Nevado Chile, contact me.

Lia 80

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 29th, 2009
One of my favourite is Berlin's city pocket guide. But there are plenty freely downloadable. It is nice when users have the possibility to add contents, tips, suggestions...it keeps the travel guide much more updated and reliable. 8-)

RogueTrekker

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 18th, 2009
For Europe, there are a ton of little guides/post/ideas about how to do stuff on the cheap. It is pretty wonderful, as everyone realizes that travel doesn't always have to be insanely espensive. I've gotten much more out of my trips where I was travelling on a shoestring vs. loaded with money to spend on big tours, etc.

Here are some ideas about how to visit Britain on the cheap (relatively speaking.) there are usually guides about other cities in europe, like rome, paris, and dublin.

europe is just insane for budget travel. oh, how i pine for peru and malawi....

Jayson77

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 13th, 2009
Europe is really very amazing for traveling. People think that its very expensive to travel in Europe, but there are many ways by which we can save a lot of money while traveling. We can use free iaudioguides in many cities while traveling in Europe. It can save a lot of money. We can have many information about various places for free of costs. iAudioguides are mp3 files and so that we can use them on every mp3 device (iPhone, iPod, memory stick).

Not only in Europe, but we can use this facility in many countries in the world.
This is the list of cities where we can use this facility.
Amsterdam, Athens, Auckland, Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Brighton, Bristol, Brussels, Buenos Aires, Cambridge (UK), Cannes, Cape Town, Chicago, Cologne, Copenhagen, Dortmund, Dublin, Edinburgh, Florence, Glasgow, Granada, Gran Canaria, Hong Kong, Lisbon, Liverpool, London, Los Angeles, M - Z: Maastricht, Madrid, Marseille, Menorca, Miami, Munich, New Orleans, New York, Nice, Oslo, Paris, Philadelphia, Pisa, Porto, Prague, Rome, Rotterdam, Salamanca, San Francisco, Seattle, Seville, Turin , Valencia, Vancouver, Venice, Vienna.
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” (Keep traveling).

Katerina Pe.

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 20th, 2009
Check out this guide too: www.barcelonatouch.com
l came alone in Barcelona some months ago and l was literally lost. thanks to this kind of guides and google earth :D l survived.

Jayson77

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 20th, 2009
Thanks for the for the great site. It is really very useful. Please try everyone.
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” (Keep traveling).

Christopher Marr

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 22nd, 2009
There are a lot beautiful places in Europe and many people wonder about Cheap and free city guides for Europe. I suggest some place with beautiful sites such as Amsterdam, Athens, Auckland, Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Brighton, Bristol, Brussels, Cambridge (UK), CanneValencia, Vancouver, Venice, Vienna, etc. You can access to this website to have a useful information and have a cheap journey http://www.euromost.info/

Elena1111

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 23rd, 2009
Thank you for this post!!! Especially, for Barcelona! I am going to visit this city next year andI have found very useful information here!!!

patricia23

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 20th, 2009
What is the average cost of budget hotels all over Europe? and How to pick hotels in Europe?

mrsh09

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 23rd, 2009
patricia23 wrote:What is the average cost of budget hotels all over Europe? and How to pick hotels in Europe?

http://www.besttraveldeals.net/category/choose-category/hotel-deals/europe?page=1

I found many hotels listed, most from Spain, Germany, and the UK. Averages seem to be around 60 although it varies widely based on location? Perhaps where are you looking specifically might help.

patricia23

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 26th, 2009
Hmmhh??? I see.. does it include all accommodations like foods, etc.

I heard something about needing some type of membership to stay at hostels in Europe , is there any truth to this?

mrsh09 wrote:
patricia23 wrote:What is the average cost of budget hotels all over Europe? and How to pick hotels in Europe?

http://www.besttraveldeals.net/category/choose-category/hotel-deals/europe?page=1

I found many hotels listed, most from Spain, Germany, and the UK. Averages seem to be around 60 although it varies widely based on location? Perhaps where are you looking specifically might help.

C-and-C

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 17th, 2010
After 7 months of backpacking through Western & Eastern Europe on a budget of roughly $40 each per day, my boyfriend and I were inspired to put together an on-line resource which focuses on how to get into the right mindset when traveling with limited funds. It offers up specific recommendations and raves in the Travel Itineraries section as well. It's still a work-in-progress, but hopefully provides some helpful insight, especially for first-timers to Europe:

http://www.cheapandcharming.com
Europe travels
South America to SE Asia travels

Next

Return to Europe Travel