Plan your road trip with must-see recommendations. Information on the beaches of California to the tundras of Yukon and everywhere in between.

Cheap & Free City Guides for North America

JessieS

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

Tags: Cheap & Free City Guides, north america
  • Added on: November 13th, 2006
Consider this your table of contents to the Cheap & Free City Guides that have been written for North America. If you'd like to add to one of the existing ones, feel free - better yet, start your own about a city not yet listed! For information on how the guides got started, and ideas on what to put in yours, check out this thread. And when you've written yours, please send me a PM so I can add it to this list.

Cheap & Free in North America
Austin
Boston
New York City
Toronto
Tucson
The Official BootsnAll Italy Travel Guide
Are you on Twitter? Follow me!

Lancer786

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 6th, 2010
Well and Good Thanks but you forgot to add my beloved city Austin.

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 6th, 2010
Instructions on how to get Austin included are outlined in the original post, Lancer. We'd love to have Austin in the list. I was there over Halloween last year & had a fantastic time.
Looking for a travel deal? deals.BootsnAll.com
Support a developing world entrepreneur. Join the BootsnAll Kiva Group

Lancer786

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 7th, 2010
Hydro wrote:Instructions on how to get Austin included are outlined in the original post, Lancer. We'd love to have Austin in the list. I was there over Halloween last year & had a fantastic time.

That's great, what did you like there most, Food, Activities, Place etc? I would love your comment on this.

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 7th, 2010
Mostly it was hanging out with friends and exploring the bars on 6th St with all the Halloween crowds. Was just a weekend so not much time to explore the city, though enjoyed walking downtown to the capitol building.

Brodacious

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 5th, 2010
Fantastic post! I loved checking out the guides, so keep up with the good posts :D

trackingbell

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 17th, 2010
I would love to visit New York. Has anyone who was already there some advice for me? Info about cheap accommodation? Interesting places the usual tourist doesn't visit?

Straum

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 23rd, 2011
I'd contribute to an Austin city guide. We just had SXSW and it was quite a party for all types.
Netherlands in April, Pacific Northwest in June, then on up to work at the family business, a Victoria BC hotel for tourist season... then a hop over to Montreal for the fall (hopefully)! A traveler's life for me!

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 23rd, 2011
By all means, Straum. We'd love to have an Austin guide to add to the list. You can PM it to me or if you'd prefer it to be published on BootsnAll, you can do that here.

Straum

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 24th, 2011
Awesome.

I'll get a basic format from the previous examples and see what I can come up with. I do know how to live on the cheap. Thanks!
Last edited by Straum on March 31st, 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Straum

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 29th, 2011
Right now for subjects (all free or cheap) I have:
-Clothing and Supplies
-Transportation
-Places to Stay
-Food
-Clubs
-City Info
-Things to do

Can have anything else you'd like to see in it? I am asking a couple of friends to chime in to and just want to make sure I'm covering the basics.
Last edited by Straum on March 31st, 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Straum

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 30th, 2011
@Hydro: I put some info together and PM'd it to you. Hope this helps... I definitely covered the cheap things I knew about.
Netherlands in April, Pacific Northwest in June, then on up to work at the family business, a Victoria BC hotel for tourist season... then a hop over to Montreal for the fall (hopefully)! A traveler's life for me!

mealservice

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 25th, 2011
On the weekends, I love going out for a night of dinner and a movie in Redmond, Washington. I especially love it when I can see the movie for free. iPic Gold Class Theaters in Redmond Town Center has got this great offer where if you sign up for a free membership, you get a free ticket to the movies, with the chance for more free tickets! Plus, since they have a full restaurant and bar, you don't need to go anywhere else! Since I work with them, I can pass on this link to the membership and free ticket sign-up: http://www.ipictheaters.com/it/socialmedia.aspx Be sure to enter “Redmond” in the Location field.

Return to USA & Canada Travel