Figure out the best place to stay on Khao San Road in Bangkok and where to escape when you've had enough of the mayhem. From Singapore Slings to the changes in Bejing after the 2008 Olympics, gab about it all here.

China Visa in Hanoi

cybermutiny

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: visas, vietnam, hanoi
  • Added on: January 30th, 2009
Is it currently possible to get a 60-days visa for China in Hanoi, Vietnam (I am a US citizen)? I realize these things change all the time, but any info you can provide is much appreciated.
Logical, practical, unconventional travel wisdom: Solo Travel Blog

rakehell

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 4th, 2009
5 years ago it was..... the embasssy closed early in the afternoon though. the visa laws may have changed since then, but i doubt the working hours have.

buddsabroad

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 28th, 2009
Hey cybermutiny, did you ever get any more info on this? My wife and I are going to be in Hanoi in a few weeks, heading up into China from there. We're from the US too. Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Getting Ready...

http://www.buddsabroad.com

Jeanie99

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 1st, 2009
Hi both I was in China May 2008 and the chose was 15 or 30 days single entry. I believe you can get a 3 month working Visa as my Chinese friend offered me one if I went to teach Enghlish in his school. I got my 30 day Visa for China in Hanoi thru a travel agent.

buddsabroad

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 19th, 2009
Last week my wife and I were denied tourist visas to China at the embassy in Hanoi. Apparently there is a new regulation in effect (for about the past month) wherein you must get a China tourist visa at their embassy in Ho Chi Minh and only in Ho Chi Minh. We are US citizens, but this also seemed to be the case with several EU passport holders that came storming out of the embassy while we were there.

Oh, and they don't have the application forms in English at the embassy, so you'll have to print them from the web beforehand.

We ended up going through a travel agent in Hanoi to handle getting the passports to HCMC and back. But holy crap is it expensive! Over $150 for US citizens. Ouch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Getting Ready...

http://www.buddsabroad.com

Return to Asia Travel