Tell us what you think of BootsnAll.com. The good, the bad and the ugly - whatever is on your mind. Let us know what new features and information you'd like to see. Suggest ways we can make the BootsnAll community even stronger. Be honest.

Commercial User Accounts

elAdi

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: March 30th, 2010
Just a question, not a complaint. It doesn't happen too often but there were a few occasions of users creating posts or answering questions that had a clear commercial bias. My case in point is the Laos thread in the Asia forum at the moment. There is absolutely no need to book accommodation in Laos in advance - especially not at this time of the year. But a user with a clear background in travel business (see his/her signature) then answers, that it would be better to book in advance. Of course he/she has to say that, because otherwise no one will use their service. It's false/incorrect advise.

So, what's BnAs take on this? I'm not asking anyone to get banned or reprimanded. I'm just curious.

a.
My personal travel website
Cycling from Indonesia to India (09-11) Fabebook Page
----------------------------------------------
"Nationalism is an infantile disease, the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

Hydro

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 31st, 2010
We do try to keep the commercial interests at bay as much as possible. We're very clear during the registration process that no commercial posting will be tolerated and the link in the signature is all that is allowed. Of course, the system is not foolproof and so we do still rely on the community policing itself to an extent and letting us know when it happens.

In this case I'll be checking out the posts of this fairly new member and seeing if there is a pattern. Already their signature is a little out of control.

Thanks for asking the question and let me know if you have more.

Chris
Looking for a travel deal? deals.BootsnAll.com
Support a developing world entrepreneur. Join the BootsnAll Kiva Group

Return to Feedback, Ideas, Compliments and Complaints