Too often lumped in with North America, Mexico is a country that stands out on its own.

cool place in mexico to get married?

Tickles

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 13th, 2010
Hello!

I am thinking of getting married somewhere warm, fun, tropical, and by a beautiful beach.
I'm not really that concerned with the wedding part of it, but more so that I want to have a good time with family and friends..like a little vacation where we can go to the beach, eat, drink, and just have fun.

Does anyone have suggestions of a place in Mexico that would be good? Not TOO off the beaten path, since people will be flying in from around the US. ..but maybe not something super touristy like Cancun.

I am usually "anti-resort" but this would be one time when a resort would be good.

Any suggestions appreciated!! :) thanks!

JRinPV

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 14th, 2010
Puerto Vallarta, not Nuevo Vallarta which is like Cancún, has much more charm and has the best restaurants in Mexico, second only to Mexico City. I would suggest the south part of the bay, the south side of town is also nice. For more info, see my site below.
"There is no such thing as an underestimate of average intelligence."
www.vallartainfo.com

Kate and Dan

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

I was recently in Puetro Morelos for a destination wedding. Close to Cancun (30 minutes south of the airport by bus) and at the northern end of the Mayan Riviera. I really liked the area and was told that Puetro Morelos is a bit of a throwback (a still-operating fishing village) that recalls the Mayan Riviera of 20 or 30 years ago.

It was beautiful — and a couple of hours away from Chichen Itza — perfect for a day trip!

Tortuga_traveller

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

My mother likes Xihuatenajo. Its touristy, but not totally cancun-ed out. It has big hotels and smaller ones, not to mention plenty of beach,

Other than that, there are many smaller resort areas that I'm sure are good.

Also, the Tulum area is started to get built up, and it has some pretty great beaches. Myself, I'd aim for the Gulf of Mexico side, because the Pacific rip-tides can tear apart the casual water-wader. Surfers seem to like it.

Tickles

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 18th, 2010
thanks for the input!! :)

KathleenO

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 30th, 2010
I think the beaches in the Yucatan are the most beautiful. There are plenty of beautiful beaches that aren't so crowded, yet not too far from Cancun. Holbox and Isla Mujeres are a couple of examples. You can't beat the beauty of a Caribbean beach!!

holidayer

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 1st, 2010
great idea. have an eye for Cozumel? touristy yeah... but that makes it a lot fun in Cozumel. ride the horse drawn carriage ;) should they all be willing to fly

travellover

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 15th, 2010
Puerto Morelos is truly a great place and has huge variety of tourists’ attraction. Lots of interesting spots close by to visit. Their restaurants have great variety of food and one of my favorite restaurants is Los Gauchos.

Best Regards,

Alexis Lacour

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 9th, 2010
Oooh I hope I'm not too late here!
One of my best friends had her wedding in Cancun and it was -beautiful-. Makes me seriously consider it myself (if I can ever get the boyfriend to propose! lol).
They went the all inclusive route also (which is totally the way to go in this situation since so much is taken care for you). I am pretty sure they booked their stay with these guys - akumal hotels.
Check them out and see if they have something right for you guys!

Good luck and congratulations!! :)
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. - If you can read this, you're overeducated.

karen121

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: November 18th, 2010
You might find some useful advice here
http://gomexico.about.com/od/gettingmar ... Mexico.htm

Normally I prefer more independant travel but with a wedding I think you will have enough to organise and a resort is the best way do go. There are lots of beautiful resorts to choose from appart from cancun, have you looked here http://www.hotelreservation.com/ ? There are many other resorts on the Yucatan Peninsula http://wikitravel.org/en/Yucatan_Peninsula that would be a bit smaller than Cancun but hace the same coastline.

PDXnative

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 28th, 2010
Having been to both sides of Mexico, I would recommend theTulum area!!!
Planning our family RTW Trip on:
http://travel-junkies.com

Twitter: GoRTW

luvntravel

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 3rd, 2011
I'm sure I'm too late here, but for the others that find this thread, I just went to my friends wedding in Los Cabos. We stayed at an all inclusive and had a marvelous time there. They got married on Lovers Beach in Cabo . . .I'll never forget getting out of the pange we hired to take us there. Our bridesmaid dresses were hitched up as high as they could go so they didn't get soaked!

Beautiful.

vagabondette74

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 19th, 2011
I'd recommend Tulum or Holbox. But, as someone who just got married here, I'd recommend going through a hotel/planner who can help you with all of the paperwork. It's not that difficult but can be time consuming if you try to do it all on your own.
Traveling through Mexico and Central America starting in January '09. Hit me up if you want to meet!

Straum

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 23rd, 2011
If you are thinking of going to Mexico, I'd just go ahead and go to a Caye off of Belize instead. There are a number of simply beautiful cayes that are available off the coast for about hour boat taxi, and Belize is REALLY natural (simply gorgeous). There are a lot of amazing resorts that are more secluded and have as beautiful beach as Cancun (considering how close they are).
Netherlands in April, Pacific Northwest in June, then on up to work at the family business, a Victoria BC hotel for tourist season... then a hop over to Montreal for the fall (hopefully)! A traveler's life for me!

Return to Mexico Travel