Whether it's diving in Belize or venturing on an eco-trek in Costa Rica, you'll find answers to your questions on Central America travel here.

Costa Rica living

deepseacreature

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: costa rica, accommodation
  • Added on: June 2nd, 2009
I am going to Costa Rica in late August to join my sister down there for an event, but would like to stay longer than the week that I'm required to be there. I travel and work with my laptop, an internet connection is all I need (been doing this in European hostels for months). I don't have much of a plan for my itinerary, I was thinking I would be there a month and a half or so... can anyone tell me how widespread internet connections in hostels or hotels is, how much they cost per night roughly (hotels vs hostels or perhaps even short-term apartment rentals), and if I should be worried traveling as a solo young female with a fancy camera and laptop? My belongings are insured but still.....

John38

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 5th, 2009
No worries. If you have been traveling then you know not to walk late at night in big cities with money hanging out of your pockets. We have been living here for 8 months now and it quite westernized. Wireless internet is widely available even in small beach towns so enjoy! Hostels range widely but we usually pay around 12 bucks US a night each for dorm style housing. Also, the internet is usually free with a stay or even in restaurants while you eat. We actually have been using an unsecured hotspot near our apartment for months for no fee at all. You should find little trouble in staying connected. Enjoy!

Return to Central America Travel