Discuss long-term and Round the World Travel. Share experiences, tips and encourage others to take the plunge. Help others plan their itineraries and budgets for upcoming epic adventures.

Debt free, sort of...

cmw1

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

Tags: money, finance, savings, debt
  • Added on: February 16th, 2008
Just thought I'd share, since I really do not think anyone else will get it.

I've finally managed to pay off my credit cards and my personal loan. Other than my Mortgage, which I do not put in quite the same category, the debt is paid.

Now all that money I've been shoving into paying off that debt can go into my long term savings account for my trip.

Only 2 1/2 years to go...
Woot2
My Website: Walker's Trails

travelclown

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 16th, 2008
Good for you! Smile

Faun

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 18th, 2008
Good on you! Enjoy the joy many of people will never have. My time's coming in five months - completely debt free. It's like to be reborn again. After over nine years of struggle! Hard time, tell you. I do not intend to do the same mistakes again.
...maybe because there will be no bloody bank left where they would give my another loan again... No problem for me anymore i guess! Cracking Up
We are same stuff as dreams are made of

Littlemustard

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 18th, 2008
There is def. a feeling of freedom that goes along w/ being debt free! Congrats!

cmw1

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 22nd, 2008
Why ta people. I was a tad excited, still am. It's been a whole week and I still haven't brought anything that I didn't have the money to pay for.... I'm liking this having cash and paying for it thing.

I'm like a kid with a new toy. I keep logging in and checking my bank balance just to make sure it really does have that $0.00 for my credit card.

Now if only it was 1 August 2010....
My Website: Walker's Trails

Insubordination

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 22nd, 2008
You'll be surprised how quickly your money builds up when you are free of debt. Suddenly you don't have to borrow to pay everyday expenses and the balance just grows and grows. I'm sure the debt taught you valuable (but expensive) lesson and paying it back taught you not to acquire so much stuff. At least, that's what it did for me. I only got to 15K debt but I'm sure 50K would have been just around the corner if I had done something dumb like buy a new car.

Now for the trip planning!

Return to Around the World and Vagabonding Travel