Figure out the best way to get from Central to South America, when you should book your accommodations for Carnaval and local language school recommendations. If it's on South America, it's in this forum.

Do Not Recommend Expanish Language School in Buenos Aires

blueberrypicker

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

Tags: buenos aires, Expanish, language
  • Added on: October 28th, 2010
I have had a very bad experience with Expanish in BA and just wanted to throw it out there for those researching schools. I became very ill my first week and the school was completely inflexible about working with me and allowing me to start the following week. I didn't ask for extra days or a refund, I simply wanted to start the week after since I had the flu which turned into a throat and ear infection and I lost my voice.

They would not allow it and basically told me they were sorry I had lost two days. I kind of can't believe that a language school would treat people this way. It's not like their teachers are any better than other language schools.

Just wanted to let people know. I'm sure they're fine if you don't get sick and don't need to make any changes. (Incidentally, this is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me and I have attended several language schools in Mexico and Central Am...and they were all accommodating and flexible).

Southamericalover

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 31st, 2011
I loved Expanish, i was there for just under 2 months and found it to be a good Spanish school and very well organised. True, i didnt get sick so i didnt have that experience but i did lose my passport while i was out there and the reception staff spent hours helping me sort it out with my embassy, so they arent all bad :)

only me

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 6th, 2011
languge schools are expensive and boring dont waste your money just walking the streets is the best way to learn took me 6 months spend your money goin to macchu pichu

busman7

World Citizen

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 6th, 2011
only me wrote:languge schools are expensive and boring dont waste your money just walking the streets is the best way to learn took me 6 months spend your money goin to macchu pichu

I disagree! :)
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/busman7 | http://wwwlasbrisasplayasandiego.blogspot.com
"I started out alone to seek adventures. You don't really have to seek them - that is nothing but a phrase - they come to you." Mark Twain

blueberrypicker

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 11th, 2011
Southamericalover wrote:I loved Expanish, i was there for just under 2 months and found it to be a good Spanish school and very well organised. True, i didnt get sick so i didnt have that experience but i did lose my passport while i was out there and the reception staff spent hours helping me sort it out with my embassy, so they arent all bad :)

You are right, everyone's experience is different. I'm glad things worked out well for you at Expanish.

juanka

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 22nd, 2011
Blueberry... wrote "the school" but didn't put the name. Buenos Aires with Great BA belt is a 12 millons people city, were I can count more than 30 Spanish Schools for foreigners.
So, if you are unpleased with a school... ¿Do you will write a post without menction wich of all schools it was?

I'm a local from BA, and I don't believe in this post, It seems as a fake, just trying yo influence people not to come to this amazing city, still one of the safest in South America...
Juan Carlos
==========
A travelhelper in BA
http://lodging4all.com.ar

Return to South America Travel