Discuss ways to satisfy your urge to travel without ruining the places we all want to see. Take only photographs, leave only footprints...

Do you recycle on the road?

No, I don't recycle at home either
No votes
No, I recycle at home but not on the road
No votes
No, I want to but I can never find anywhere to recycle
8%
Yes, whenever I can
92%
Yes, I take only photos and leave only footprints
No votes

Total votes : 13

Do you recycle on the road?

everett

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

Tags: recycling, environment, hostels
  • Added on: December 6th, 2007
The New Zealand government have launched a plan to add recycling bins in towns and cities across NZ to get tourists recycling more - so does anyone actually take their green habits from home on the road with them, and would you if it was easier to recycle on the road?
www.jamblemag.com - green travel magazine

partymarty4870

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 4th, 2010
when on camping trips I usually recycle more than I use, because I always seem to bring other peoples rubbish home as well!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Cairns, Queensland, Australia

KathrynD

Squat Toilet Professional

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 19th, 2010
On my last road trip, my car's trunk got filled with bottles and cans waiting for the next recycling bin. Pretty funny I thought. Eventually, they all found a recycling home. In fact, I even met people on the trip who wanted me to give them the bottles to turn into cash for charities.

RTW2010...

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 20th, 2010
Recycling can be nearly impossible in some places. The 1.5 liter plastic bottles in our room right now make me sad. I did, however, find a recycling place in our current town and will lug them over there tomorrow. We will try to do our best, and hope that not too many of our bottles end up in the landfill (or worse). Thankfully some hostels provide purified water to refill bottles for free or a small fee-I wish this would become a standard worldwide.

Landire

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 20th, 2010
I always try to recycle when I'm on the road. And depending on where I am if I can't recycle immediately I will bring my recyclables home with me to recycle there. However I drew the line the first time I traveled to Ireland. I didn't want to carry stuff all the way back to California. But it was tempting. Thankfully now that I live here recycling is easier. If I'm in another country I'll carry my empty bottles around for the day then if I haven't found anywhere to leave them I'll give them to my husband, turn my back and let him throw them away. That way I'm not throwing them away and I feel a little better about it.
Visit my blog: The travel blog

RyuKamagata

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 3rd, 2011
where ever I can, I hate people that litter.

vagabondette74

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 3rd, 2011
jeez dude. could you possibly find some older posts to dig up? the ones from 2007 and 2008 just aren't cutting it.
Traveling through Mexico and Central America starting in January '09. Hit me up if you want to meet!

Return to Eco Travel