The home for members - talk with other travelers, ask questions that don't fit anywhere else and learn more about the BnA community.

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: tiger penis
  • Added on: May 8th, 2011
Hi - My name is Linda 8-)

I have tried another travel site but just found it too stuffy and expensive, like if you are not spending 200 a night on accommodation, then they don't want to know you, or so it seems, to me anyhow

I love travelling, and am looking forward to travelling without any luggage as Rolf Potts and others have done. I think that would be a real challenge travelling minimalistic. I already travel light, taking just an overnight bag or the smallest pullalong.

I want to continue travelling the world, basic always, love trains and buses, ferries and boats and prefer that form of travel to flying over everything interesting on the ground. Ideally looking at Sydney to London overland, by any means, sounds like a TV show hey lol... but really, do not want to fly.

I play piano, beach walking, swimming, scrabble love crosswords, love interesting docs on TV and presently have just booked a week to NZ, scoring one dollar, yesssss one dollar seats on 4 buses. What a deal.

I really enjoy down to earth reading here on Boots and looking at your profiles, who and what you are interests me.

See you on the road - you will know me - look for the spikey haired one haha

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 13th, 2011
I am Curt , age 64, and ready to retire . Just came back from Guangzhou, China. Plan to go back in 2013 New to BootsnAll. Look froward to reading what others have been doing.

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 18th, 2011
Hello Everyone!::Ciao Tutti!

My name is Cindy Swain. I am American by birth, Italian by heart—I am Italicana. I have been living in Italy for the past 2 ½ years. I arrived here after 10 months of traveling around the world and exploring 13 amazing countries. I expected to stay only one year to work on my first fiction novel and learn the Italian language, but I’ve fallen in love— with the culture, the lifestyle and the constant stimulation of living in a foreign country where there is a plethora of new places to explore and always something interesting to learn. The life of an expat is intriguing because each day feels like an adventure. Through my vlog, I hope to share this experience—this journey—with you. From daily Italian life to the best snowboarding parks, from cooking tips to the hottest trends in fashion, from learning the language to the hippest clubs—I’ll try to cover it all in a fun, entertaining way.

You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter: Italicana

If you have any questions on living/traveling in Italy, please don't hesitate to ask! I look forward to hearing from you and if you are curious about a topic, message me and I will try to answer it in a video on my vlog! Grazie!::Thank you!

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 20th, 2011
Hey guys, my name is Mike from California, currently living in Surfers Paradise, Australia. I currently run my own company making websites for a living, its just me, so I took my show on the road. Left home for 6 months back in 2008, now I've been travelling / working around the world since Jan 2010. I'm currently developing a travel site / blog of my own for off the beaten path destinations and money saving tips I've come upon in my travels. Looking forward to contributing to this forum, and to getting feedback from you guys for places as I continue travelling!
I also write about my travels and post photos in my Off The Beaten Path Travel Blog, come by and say hi!

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 22nd, 2011

My name is Gregory I am from New Jersey ( Enter Jersey Shore Joke Here) I have never quite fit in my home town but with the help of my family I started traveling going to local places around the northeast and southeast. This trips started opening me up to the world. Once I turned 16 I forced my parents who have never left the country to get passports so we could go on trip to the Caribbean and we ended up going to Saint Croix in USA Virgin Islands this trip changed me it opened me up to many different cultures and people it was amazing.

Now I am Junior at Rutgers University majoring in Political Science with a minor in traveling i mean European studies, international development.I have planned a few trips myself over the past few years including a month long solo trip in Canada a few shorter solo trips to Cuba, Grand Cayman, Nicaragua, and Jamaica. I am now finally getting to go Europe in August I am studying abroad in Berlin Germany and have planned a few trips one to Oktoberfest, and 2 week trip through Central Europe!!!

I want to do a couple more trips before I graduate from University including month long trip to Thailand for December 2012 and Brazil for the world cup. I love to reading everyone stories on here it inspires me to travel and to live life

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 5th, 2011
Hi, I'm flip, Im blogging at about my trip around Asia. I'm currently in Luang Prabang and will go to Chiang Mai in two weeks.

I also started a travel forum in the Philippines (

Excited to learn more from everyone about their respective trips... I booked a couple of tickets already (around Southeast Asia) for the entire year. :-)

Return to BootsnAll Members' Forum