A forum for meeting other BootsnAll members on the road, finding travel partners and splitting the costs of a road trip. Also a place to search for long-lost road friends.

Driving through Eastern Europe

Tate

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: eastern europe, travel buddies
  • Added on: June 25th, 2009
Hey all, I am driving south from Berlin starting the 5th of July, thinking Poland, Czech, and into Hungary. Let me know if anyone is on the same route needing a ride, I am a solo Canadian with lots of travel experience, living in California. Let me know a little about yourself, and you can PM me.
Thanks! David.

Velcom

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 27th, 2009
Hi,

Excellent trip. I wish I could do it as well.

The only place that might slow you down is Poland - the roads are not really good.

Other countries - no major problems. Car theft used to be a problem before in the Easter Europe but is not anymore. Just make sure that you use hotel parkings and you will be OK.

Have a great trip,

Dakana

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: June 28th, 2009
You should be fine in those countries. Just be careful in Prague. Traffic is a nightmare there and the traffic police are a real pain since parking is very difficult. When I lived there a couple of years ago, I had a friend who got clamped twice in a week parking on a quite street outside his workplace.
I know it's not quite related to where you're going, but if you want to read about my trip by car from Ukraine to Moldova, check out my blog post, http://www.backpackerscorner.com/2009/0 ... -chisinau/
That was quite an experience, but I'm sure you won't have these problems in the countries you're visiting.
Backpacker's Corner - My travel stories and articles.

Return to Travel Buddies