Traveling with 35mm cameras, digital cameras, camcorders, film, memory cards 'n All. BootsnAll members are welcome to post their travel photo albums, documented meetings with other members and brag-shots here.

DSLR's for a trip

kunnabi

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: September 6th, 2010
Im planning on going on 10 month RTW trip but here's the deal I love photography and I love my camera, so all in all I want to pack light but my Canon Rebel along with its Gorilla pod won't exactly be travel light. So is it worth taking or should I just get a decent point and shoot?

Grey

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 7th, 2010
If your going to use it lot's bring it.
Wandering Africa for a year in Search of Sunsets.

Renee

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

I brought my DSLR & Gorilla Pod but am sending the Gorilla Pod home as its just really pretty big and really not practical when traveling. Back home, I can use my tripod or monopod or gorilla pod but to be honest for a long trip I have found it is better for me just to find ad hoc stabilization devices using whatever is available--a wall or something... I am glad I brought my DSLR and as much as I believe in stabilization devices, I find lighter is better... Plus I think this is probably making me become a better photographer as I have to ad lib and work with what's available... It will be really nice to get home and be able to use a tripod again...

Cheers,
Renee

Cube Dreamer

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

I have a similar dilemma (no tripod though). While weight of my DSLR is a concern, I am also worried about the appearance of carrying an expensive camera around. Depending on where you are going to travel, I also recommend carrying around a point and shoot. This will be really helpful when you do not want to carry around a larger camera (for appearance or weight issues).

PDXnative

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 4th, 2010
I like quality optics and sensors, but I don't like the bulk of DSLR cameras for travelling so I am hoping that these new mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras will really take off. So far, the Olympus PEN cameras look promising. I just hope they come out with more lens options.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_secti ... ection=pen

Anyone have one?
Planning our family RTW Trip on:
http://travel-junkies.com

Twitter: GoRTW

Return to Travel Photography, Video and Photo Albums