The home for BootsnAll.com members - talk with other travelers, ask questions that don't fit anywhere else and learn more about the BnA community.

Easiest 1st world country to gain citizenship to?

Stephen Mattison

Knows What a Schengen Visa Is

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: January 2nd, 2006
I need to gain citizenship to another country so that I can trade certain securities. Which country requires the least?

jv

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 3rd, 2006
What kind of securities and why do they require non-U.S. citizenship?

You might want to talk to a lawyer first.

mesmerod

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

offshore hedge funds

jv

Mod Squad

Share on Orkut

Your best best might be to gain citizenship in one of the countries where the offshore hedge funds are based -- Cayman Islands, Bahamas, etc. I don't know the details, but if you've got money I think it's possible. Other citizenships might incur unanticipated responsibilities, i.e., taxes and regulations. Which is why I mentioned talking to a lawyer.

Jester

Future Expat

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 5th, 2006
And be careful where you're trading securities. I'm not sure of the legalities re:citizenship and investing involved in whatever you're doing, but I've heard some places in the Caribbean are so corrupt/laid back/regulation-free that you can do pretty much whatever you want, but despite their privacy policies any low-level clerk will sell you out to security investigators for the right price. And for God's sake be careful with what your money is invested in. Every time I hear "offshore" and "investing" in the same sentence I get a shiver down my spine.

Return to BootsnAll Members' Forum