Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

Eastern Europe

scoots

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

Tags: eastern europe, cheap european airfares, eastern europe railpass
  • Added on: December 2nd, 2007
Ditto to the benefits of flying over taking the train. If you are traveling from an E. European city to another E. European city, trains are still economical. But if you cross over into a country like Germany, I think that flying these days is WAY cheaper.

The one to be careful with is Ryanair, as their airports are often in the boondocks and you have to take a long bus to get to them.

A convenient site that searches all of the budget airlines for the best fare is airninja.com. Check it out.

Scootin' Round the World: www.mytripjournal.com/scoots

moniak

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 2nd, 2007
quote:
The one to be careful with is Ryanair, as their airports are often in the boondocks and you have to take a long bus to get to them.

I don't see it as a problem. There is always a bus connection. In Stockholm, or Barcelona, it takes upto 1.5 hrs to get to the city center. From Stansted to London city it can take over 2 hrs by bus.
Other/smaller cities are usually served by airports that are much closer.

Cristina Puscas

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 10th, 2007
Although you can get really cheap flight tickets the low cost companies aren't to be trusted. That's at least my opinion based on the county i live in : Romania. So better take a train, a good class not the lowest, and you will save some money and actually enjoy the trip. Smile
~~Travel Writer~~
WhyGo Greece

~"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Confucius

Previous

Return to Europe Travel