Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

Edinburgh International Festival - Dress?

SkilletAudio

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: scotland, edinburgh international festival, edinburgh
  • Added on: June 15th, 2007
Well, the four days in edinburgh are dropping right in the middle of the festival. me being a huge nut for concerts and all manner of performance art, I'm realy excited, but Im wondering -

We're packing very strictly, but we're including room for nice clothes and dresses for upscale entertainment. But is the Edinburgh festival traditional in this sense?

To anyone who has attended, is the dress code more lax, as some festivals are, even given the entertainment, or should we expect to dress traditional(ties and dresses)? I presume outdoor entertainment would be more casual than indoor, but Im not sure what the spirit of it is over there.

mimz33

Armchair Traveler

Share on Orkut

• Added on: July 26th, 2007
Hi There

People here will still get dressed up if they are going to evening performances of the opera or ballet etc in one of the big theatres. For smaller venues and Fringe type performances dress is usually casual. I say wear whatever you want. No one will bat an eyelid in August when the festival is on. Each to their own is what goes. I also recommend buying as many tickets as you can now. Things sell out very quickly. And most importantly enjoy yourself!

(If you go clubbing some places have dress codes like no sneakers/jeans/football colours)
mimz
x

the world is a small place, take care of it and enjoy it

Return to Europe Travel