Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

Europe hostels you liked...

markk

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

Tags: best hostels, Europe
  • Added on: January 17th, 2009
Hostels´ location is very important. You can say "I will have to pay more for accommodation in a hostel which is centraly located". Its not right! Very central location is covenient because all sights, bars, clubs, theatres, museums are usually within walking distance but ALSO you do not SPEND EXTRA MONEY for public transport. Travellers on budget frequently consider to take out of center accommodation because its cheaper per bed BUT end up paying more for public transport and taxi!
So central location is more convenient and furthermore centraly located hostels is CHEAPER!

Im just back from my trip around eastern europe and here i have some recommendations for places to stay...

VIENNA - Wombats hostel - the base - clean, safe and fun hostel, one of the best hostels chains.

PRAGUE - Prague Square Hostel or Old Prague Hostel - the best located hostels in Prague, very clean and social. Cheap, with good facilities

KRAKOW - Flamingo Hostel - top location, very clean, great staff.

BUDAPEST - Unity hostel or Marco Polo hostel.
Both are small hostels, but very well run and cheap.

Which hostels did you like?

bc31

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 19th, 2009
LAGOS - Rising Cock. Great place and nice social area.

seraphim

Extra Pages in Passport

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 20th, 2009
The best option often is to stay walking distance from the centre, but not in the centre. It also depends on the cost of public transport.

The best hostels I've stayed at in Europe were:
* HI hostel, Bouillon, Belgium
* Jurai's hostel, Bratislava
* Nathan's Villa hostel, Warsaw
Karlien
---
Don't click here.

jon m

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 21st, 2009
Oasis in Seville, Spain

jet-set jules

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 21st, 2009
Check out the Villa Saint-Exupery in Nice. One of the best hostels not only in Europe, but the whole world.

http://www.francetravelguide.com/best-h ... n-nic.html
The Official BootsnAll France Travel Guide

Are you on Twitter? Follow me!

jacksavvy

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: January 26th, 2009
Does anyone have any recommendations for hostels in Italy (Rome, Amalfi Coast, and Venice)?

JessieS

Community Manager

Share on Orkut

I visited & reviewed several hostels in Rome, and the one HI hostel in Venice. You can read my reviews (and see all the pictures I took) on the following pages:

Hostels in Rome
Hostels in Venice

In Rome, I stayed at M&J Place, and it was fine - friendly & comfortable, if a bit noisy on the main floor right above the night club! I also liked The Yellow (loved the bar & "hang-out" area downstairs). In Venice, I wasn't as fond of the hostel there - it's perfectly nice, clean & comfortable, it just wasn't my style (I'm too old for massive dorm rooms!). I stayed in the Hotel Astoria; not a hostel, but pretty inexpensive (especially in low season, & ESPECIALLY given the location).

Hope that helps you get started; let me know if you've got any other Italy travel questions. :)
The Official BootsnAll Italy Travel Guide
Are you on Twitter? Follow me!

CarlosAlbert

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

I really like eastern europe, specially poland! I really recommand you to go to krakow, warsaw, gdansk (my favourite city) and malborg castle (it s near gdansk). every city is different from the other, and the polish architecture is unique, i don’t think that krakow is a little prague or budapest!
the polish culture is also very interesting!
If you need information regarding a Chile wine tour PM me.

markk

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 5th, 2009
Any recommendation for good hostel in places you mentioned, CarlosAlbert? I deffinitely agree that Poland has must places to go...

jessus

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 9th, 2009
Kabul Hostel in Barcelona - fabulous hostel atmosphere, right off Las Ramblas (on Placa Reial).

The Tent Hostel in Munich - it's a giant tent, with 150 bunks in it. Great summer camp atmosphere (if your summer camp was filled with international 20-somethings), and a campfire every night. Tasty dinner menu too! (Not central, but easy enough to get around on the streetcar!)

John Bibby

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 15th, 2009
The London St Pancras hostel one is very good:
https://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodati ... index.aspx

The one by St Paul's is less good - but the surrounding area is more interesting for an early-morning walk (before the city fills up with brollies)

JOHN (York)
Ex-maths teacher living in York, England

Eppyboy

Sells Travel by the Gram

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 15th, 2009
The Circus - Berlin; one of the best hostels I have ever been in.
Josh and Nicole aren't going anywhere for a while, but you can still read about their past trips herehttp://blogs.bootsnall.com/eppyboy

Rebel

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 21st, 2009
In Prague, check out Miss Sophie's. It was one of the best hostels I've been in (www.miss-sophies.com). It was chic as hell for a hostel and the showers rule. It's pretty centrally located, and you're close to rail links, 5 minutes walking from Wenceslas square and 10-15 minutes walking from the town square. Cool place.

Funky Tee

Guidebook Dependent

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 21st, 2009
I liked the 3 Ducks Hostel in Paris. It had a great atmosphere and was away from alot of the tourist areas in the 15th Arrondissment (sp?). It had its own pub and a courtyard which was great for meeting people. www.3ducks.fr
"I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down."

Return to Europe Travel