Information on the most visited continent in the world. Learn about Eurailing in the summer, travel through post-communist countries and what to do in Paris with a 12-hour layover.

Europe Recommendations and Raves

emmbem

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

This thread doesn't have any tags.

You can still check out the tag index though.

What are tags?
  • Added on: August 15th, 2006
after seeing prague, get a train to cesky krumlov, a town in the south czech republic. it's gorgeous, cheap, fun, the perfect place to re-energize.

stay in krumlov house, for sure. there are lots of interesting people, there's a kitchen, and the staff is really nice and helpful.

there's a river that weaves through town, and you can use it as a lazy river, tubing down, then getting out, running across town, and doing it all again. there's a castle and gardens, too. it's just a great place- well worth a visit. i would go back in a second.

xadina

Lost in Place

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 30th, 2006
the E111 card gives you acess to medical care for free in most cases (or else at a rdeced price) in all EU countries + switzerland (it's an interexchange so this only applies to those having EU or swiss nationality) and it's completely free
> the only constant thing in life is change <

Limoncello

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 2nd, 2006
I'd like to recommend a great restaurant at the heart of Chianti - Fattoria Vignale, Via Pianigiani, 9 53017 RADDA IN CHIANTI Tel. 0577 738094 Fax 0577 738730 . The restaurant is located in a building that used to be an old press, and the food is just great.
Rachel,
http://www.dream-vacation-in-tuscany.com

castles

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 10th, 2006
Hi,

I'm new to bootsnall and I'd like to start by sharing a few useful tips about Spain.

This is a great web site for finding rural accomodation in Catalonia at reasonabe prices: www.ruralsi.com

I just spent the past few months teaching in Barcelona and used this site to plan weekends and holidays out of the city and for skiing trips.

They've also got quite a bit of info on what there is to do in the region.

Hope you find it useful!

Asheai

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: October 24th, 2006
My biggest recommendation is GO TO IRELAND! best place in europe... the people are the nicest people you will see in europe (possibly excluding belgians) and that tiny island has more to see than you could imagine... It's a great place with a brillant vibe!

Also highly recommend my favorite sight in europe - the Plitvica waterfalls in Croatia (located between Zagreb and Zadar). There are, seriously, "heaven on earth". A huge park full of roaring waterfalls, green brilliant scenery, and pools of the most unique shade of blue...

Bush Trekker

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: December 23rd, 2006
One of my favorite places in the whole world is on the island of Majorca and that is Plama Spain. One of my best memories is eating in a cafe' drinking great coffee and having a wonderful linch. It really doesn't matter which cafe' you do thid in. The sights are fantastic and too numerous to memtion and the beaches are some of the mest in the world. I will be going back on my RTW in the next year or so.

reiselutz

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: February 12th, 2007
Hi,

if you are interested to go to Munich/Germany, I recommend this Websites:

www.muenchen.de official Site of Munich

www.lessordinary.eu great City Guide

www.hotels.de for Hotels and Hostels

Evelyn Darling

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: March 28th, 2007
If you are looking for unique tours done your way, than you should visit http://www.geopassage.com/home.asp . They have yet to disappoint me and have been tremendously helpful when I'm stumped of where to go or do in Europe.

AlKorn

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 11th, 2007
Abundant information about hotels of Saint Petersburg, Russia, about the city itself, and about Russia as a whole: www.hotels-of-saint-petersburg.com

Sus80

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 11th, 2007
Very complete spanish travel agency, supports various languages.

http://destinia.com

Flights (budget and regular airlines)
Europe hotels
and Europe travel guide

AlKorn

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: April 26th, 2007
Dear ABCinAT, tell me PLEASE your impressions of Lake Constance!!! I’ve been searching for people’s opinion about the lake for some time now. Is it worth to go to the area if I need a quiet warm and sunny nook of nature to live and write for a couple of weeks?? Oh maybe you could advise me another place for that?
quote:
Originally posted by ABCinATL:
I highly recommend the Schloss Wartegg hotel on Lake Constance (Bodensee). It is on the Swiss side of the lake. For those that don't know the lake borders Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

I had a weekend to spend due to working in Germany for a couple of weeks. My coworker who grew up in Munich recommended coming down for the weekend. A couple of internet searches later and I found this place.

It is an old castle, circa 1500s (ish) that has been redone to be a clean lined modern hotel. It is walking distance to the lake, there is a "turkish spa" (small indoor swimming pool) and sauna on site. The grounds are BEAUTIFUL and the staff very helpful and english speaking. The restaurant features foods prepared with the ingredients from their gardens.

Great place. Check out their website:
http://wartegg.ch/

Next stop is a recommendation I found on this thread: "My Salerno Apartment" in Italy...

whatyadoinsucka

Holds PhD in Packing

Share on Orkut

• Added on: May 4th, 2007
for all the sh1t ryanair and easyjet get, I just like to say they offer the best european prices, and i have received excellent customer service from both companies this week
(Just don't be legless drunk or late, and they are just fine and never a problem)

Easyjet, having changed the flight time for liverpool into berlin by 5 hours (evening arrival instead off afternoon) they offered a full refund,

we rang up and asked if they could give us a different flight from tallinn into berlin, it was more expensive but they gave it us for free with no amendment fee

Ryanair
for all the bad press they give, i thought i might have to pay a 'change' fee, as i didn't hyphernate my friends name when i booked, they changed it no problem, very friendly and helpfull

Cristina Puscas

Street Food Connoisseur

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 16th, 2007
Just been to Budapest and I must tell you guys one thing: never eat/drink in a restaurant located on Castle Hill. Everything is VERY expensive! Look for restaurants within the city but not near sightseeing locations.
~~Traveller Consultant for Indie at Bootsnall~~
[url]indie.bootsnall.com[/url]

~"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Confucius

Andy Pettefer

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: August 23rd, 2007

tamalamarta

Thorn Tree Refugee

Share on Orkut

• Added on: September 3rd, 2007
We spent 5 days at the hostel Pr’ tatko, Podkoren 72, Kranjska Gora, Slovenia and were pleasantly surprised at the welcome we received. The first thing we noticed was the friendliness of the people running the hostel. We enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the hostel and would have no problem recommending it to others. The hostel is located in wonderful surroundings and has the added bonus of a pub nearby.

The hostel has great views and is situated in a quiet location. The hostel itself has a wealth of character and the rooms are of a good size. We were particularly at home in the kitchen, which provided the opportunity to meet with other people visiting the hostel. We would like to return to Slovenia and would have no problem in coming back to the hostel. Thanks so much for a very enjoyable stay the we will remember for a long time to come.

PreviousNext

Return to Europe Travel